I found out I was pregnant. Do I ever tell him or keep it to myself?

My boyfriend recently broke up with me. Around 2 weeks later I found out I was pregnant. I did what I thought was the right thing to do at the time and not keep the baby. So after about two months I have been having to go through the break up and the decision that I have made. I have now started to feel angry not only at him breaking my heart, but also at him having me make a decision like that. He was too busy with himself and wanting to go out and party and left me with all of this guilt. I didn't want to tell him at the time because I thought people would think I would be lying to get him back. What do I do should I keep it to myself forever or should I tell him sometime down the line when we start to build up contact again?

I was actually on the pill and a lot of people have unprotected sex with the partner they are with for more than 2 years. And it's not like I had another choice, he acted like a child so I had to make a decision for a child.

43

Most Helpful Girl

• I feel for you completely, my boyfriend dumped me a month after an abortion and just before my exams. I was/am so angry at this. I'd tell him, it would have been his child and he has the right to know both that you were pregnant but also to know that his insensitivity meant that you had to go through with this incredibly difficult situation. I know how hard it is to live with the guilt and I'm hoping that it honestly gets easier, it's been four months for me now and I'm still not close to a resolution.

I wish you all the best.

What Guys Said 3

• I'm sure it is a crazy situation your going through, and the guy is probably a dbag, but that's what happens when you have a kid at that age. Most guys are not ready for something like this and their very immature. With that said, Sex takes two people, which means you are both wrong in this situation. Why ever had unprotected sex? I'm not blaming you only, but due to him being a complete dumb ass and not using a condom why didn't you tell him to use one? I hope I'm not coming off as a jerk, but I'm tired of reading these comments that guys are sided with guys and girls side with you. Instead theirs equal fault with both of you. Good Luck with the whole situation!

• Okay I'm not really sure people are understanding this situation. I'm not some idiot that didn't use birth control, I did. My doctor said this could happen, unfortunate turn of events. I have not told him about the abortion and I won't be. I know a lot of people that don't use condoms anymore after they have been in a relationship for a while. So all in all it's neither of our fault really, I think. It was just something that happened at the wrong time in our lives. Thanks though!

• Yep YOU had to make a decision, YOU dated this guy in the first place, YOU had sex with him, nuff said

• well if you want to be a bitch and make him feel bad then tell him, in the end it was your decision to make. I don't believe that a man has a right to tell a woman what to do with her body but that works both ways, it means when you make a choice about it, it's on you.

It was YOUR choice to have unprotected sex with him

It was YOUR choice not to be on the pill

and it was YOUR choice to have an abortion

What Girls Said 3

• You did nothing wrong so don't feel guilty. I would forget about your ex, he sounds shallow if all he wants to do is just party.

You did the right thing for you, so realize that you can move on and get with a way better guy who will totally be there for you.

• Thanks girls fo understanding. I guess guys will never understand this situation. The comments they gave me is the exact situation why I didn't tell anyone!

• Yeah, forget about people who try to bring you down, you'll find lots of people out there who will understand and support you. Your ex is your ex for a lot of reasons and now you have the rest of your life to be with guys who are better for you. Trust me, there are plenty of guys out there who would be way more understanding :)

• guys will never understand, I'd just like to start will that. Yes you made the choice, but he is the one who put you I that position. maybe you should have told him before you got the abortion, but that's done so now, you have to make another choice, and no one can make it for you.

• Tell him, he has the right to know. Even if he left you hanging, it was just as much his unborn child as it was yours. Its not as if you're using it as a guilt trip to get back with you, you've moved on. Just let him know because its not fair that you have to go through all this and he's oblivious to it when he is responsible for this too.