Why would a girl break up with me because she smokes pot and I don't?

I'm in a career field where I can't do drugs. She told me over text she thinks it won't work out between us because she could never give up marijuana, and that it is a conflict of interest for me to date her. Is this just a shitty excuse to dump me or what? I told her I don't give a shit about her drug use basically, and all I need to worry about is not doing drugs myself. She has medical issues and I am perfectly fine with that and understand that.

622

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, she will break up with you eventually (or sooner). Think of dating a hardcore gamer when you have no idea what your SO is talking about, and seeing her/him playing alone for hours while you just sit there MYOB.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• Dump her man lol wtf

She basically just said she's gonna put pot before you. And you didn't even ask her to choose.

Kick the bitch to the curb

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE