Why is my ex keeping me around when he's already talking to other girls?

My ex and I just ended our serious relationship a couple of days ago. We were living together, had plans for the rest of our lives together, but then he ended things after I caught him in a big lie.

Our relationship was already going down the drain and it felt like I was the only one trying to save it. He claims that he already lost his feelings for me and was already on dating websites less than an hour after we broke up.

Needles to say, the last couple of days have been turbulent. At first he said we could possibly try again later down the line when he's happy again, then he started saying he never wanted to be with me ever again. Yet when I told him I was moving on, he tells me he wants to be friends with benefits and he's only talking to other girls because he feels lonely.

He claims the friends with benefits thing is because he has to pay me back, so he might as well get something out of it (he owes me thousands of dollars. I was too kind to him and lent him a lot to help him out). The thing is, he's an attractive guy and is fun to hang with. Sure, he's on the heavier side, but he's never had a problem hooking up with girls before.

I'm sure he's also trying to use me because I'm still in love with him, but I'd rather move on and maybe try again when we've both healed. So I don't understand why he's trying to keep me around. He says he doesn't love me any more and he's been bragging about how he's been talking to a bunch of girls. Why keep me around when he could just hook up with one of them?

13

What Guys Said 3

• So he can fuck you when he can’t find someone else

• Just forget about him. Hesbhust keeping you around in case his other pursuits don't pan out. Don't let him take advantage of you

• Pussy.

What Girls Said 1

• Move on darling