What triggers infidelity?

In your opinion, what could be the reasons for a person to be unfaithful to their significant other?What triggers infidelity??

155

What Girls Said 15

• In short neglect. With men that could be sexual neglect, while women tend to cheat more bc of emotional neglect.

• Depends
    - Some people are sad and their relationship is falling apart
    - Some lack the morals and will to stay faithful
    - Some get backed into a corner and get married event though they aren't naturally monogamous
    - Long absences of partner, military, jail etc.
    - Some need validation from people through sexual means
    - Some simply fall in love with someone else

• 1d

👏👏 wonderful.
      Not always is a problem between them. Life will never stop for anyone. There will be obstacles along the way, if their bond is not strong enough it will eventually snap. Great reasons, thank you for sharing.

• Boredom in relationship/ desire for excitement, lack of sex, emotional neglect, need for space (clingy partner), revenge, incentive to cheat (promotion), substance abuse (while using or as an addict), wanting to end the relationship.

• Parents raising their children to be idiots.

• 1d

I will never argue against bad parenting, the results can be terrible. But it is not always about the parents, eventually there will be a point where we can't blame parents for our mistakes. After all, despite how much influence we get from others we are in control of our thoughts and actions. Good opinion, thanks for sharing.

• Selfishness, lack of consideration for others, distance, cruelty, etc.

• Being selfish.

• Lack of ambition if u don't have ur goals to keep u busy u r gonna play around

• 1d

👏 exactly. That is the perfect example of people getting into a relationship not been ready. We have to be confortable with ourselves and know what we want in life before sharing that journey with others. If done right the couple will accomplish much more together and the complementation will make the journey much smoother, instead of one party dragging the other one down. Thanks for sharing.

• When your partner puts his friends first, his going out nights coming home like 2 0 3 am that’s why I cheated on him and later found out so I broke it off

• 1d

It seems like if you both needed to get to know better before getting into the relationship. You both took your decisions and now are dealing what the result. I guess if it was really what you wanted it was the right choice. Now, just move on be happy and don't make the same mistakes again. Thanks for sharing your story.

• 1d

Thanks that’s why I decide to get a divorce and move on life is too short to be in so much pain and worries now am much more happy

• 1d

Good for you. And that is right life is too short to live worrying.

• Being an ass.

• 1d

I can't argue against that. It is said that you never figure out how your significant other truly is, no matter how much you you know him.

• Lack of trust and communication

• 1d

I do believe those reasons to be on the top 5. Good answers, thank you for sharing then.

• 1d

I actually also think like that and I also enjoy this kind of topics! It's really great that in philosophy there shouldn't be any biases and it allows people to explore different ideas and point of views. Thank you that's really nice of you, have a great day!^^

• 1d

No problem, you as well.

• Not keeping them satisfied or attention communication fighting bad things like drunk or drugs

• Something missing from the relationship.

• Availability... All "bad" things people do come down to it just being an option, a large percentage of the population lacks the decernment to set boundaries for themselves, for what they will allow themselves to find acceptable. They say it until the option exists then they just change their thought process to make it acceptable, forget who they were a second before and adopt the new persona that will allow that available action to be ok.

• The ideology behind love.

In reality love doesn’t last & It doesn’t conquer.

• Not feeling loved enough

• 1d

I feel many people can relate to that. We are not born lovers, and many people learn how to love hard way. Unfortunately when the happens, someone always become affected. Thanks for sharing. That was good.

What Guys Said 5

• This is where "the talk" comes in to play. There is no clear defenition to base it on, so each induvidual couple needs to define this between them selfes

• 2d

I would agree with you, this question apply to each person differently. We all know our weaknesses and our weakpoint. When we are at our weakest and what are we craving in our lives. Therefore it could depend for each person. Thanks for sharing.

• Unfaithfulness

• Guys also may cheat because of emotional neglect. They just don't use that term very often.

• 2d

Very very true. That is one of the factors people wouldn't take into consideration for a healthy relationship until it is too late. Thanks for your opinion.

• The idea they think they can get away with it. In fact, women, are more likely to cheat, because they're better at the cover up

• 1d

Actually women are NOT more likely to cheat cause the social repercussions are harsher on women than men. That’s why men don’t bother to cover it up more. I would say both men and women cheat across the board but our society responds to it differently due to gender

• 1d

You can’t be that simple minded hun. Why do you think men don’t cover up as well? Why do you think women make the extra effort to make sure they’re not caught. I’d like to hear your reasoning

• 1d

I've seen what women do to cover it up, and then I've seen what men do. Trust me, women are better at it. They just know what they're doing

And don't question what I know

• Offered sex is a bitch.

• 1d

It truly is, but you got to remember that it is only 50% of the action. You are the one who decides the outcome.
      My advice, be wise on which head you will use. Good luck, thanks for sharing.