How to handle a breakup?

My boyfriend of five and half years wants to talk to me today after a week break, I know he wants to break up because he deleted all of our pictures on social media. Need device on how to cope and how to handle/what to say during a breakup. I’m still confused as to why since the relationship was going so well, I’m 98% sure that there is another girl he’s most likely pursuing right after too... I don’t understand and I’m so hurt. Everything reminds me of him, we did so many things together as a couple..

916

What Guys Said 16

• ... I've been in your shoes I went to propose to a girl after 5 years of dating last year I was at college like 4 hours away from her... trailer after I proposed she told me about this guy that children sing and how she just couldn't do that to me. a little less than a year later she was pregnant three months after that she was married... I was really frustrated and angry... But there is no where to focus my anger I noticed that I started seeking attention of from women... which is not in my character after while I realized what I was doing. I took a vacation and hid in the woods for a couple weeks to get my mind straight... And to take out some anger. there's this whole time I've been praying and dealing with my emotions talking with God... Which was different then when I was talking to women one way I'm feeling up the pain just trying to get somewhere that the pain didn't hurt... while when I started working on it that's when things started to change for the better. it took a lot of time almost 2 years before I could actually date without using the girl and I hated that about myself... I'm a happy-go-lucky person again but dating is hard and it gets me down sometimes. if you need to talk I'll be here... I hope that helps.

• 0|0
  • Im sorry an ending long relationships is never easy. I have been in simialr situation as well. Everyone on here is saying time is best healer and they are right. Thats the easy to understand and the hard part about it. Point is allow grieving process, dont be consumed by thoughts of them after process is over , and live your life. Over time it gets easier to cope you just gotta push through and focus on constructive things like self improvement rather then self destruction. But day of treat yourself to something you like ice cream or snack of choice it helps take edge off. But dont get depressed and dont eat , force yourself to eat if you must. Your too valuble to hurt yourself for someone esle esp if they are leaving you for someone else. Go with love dear and l always love you.

• It depends on what went wrong and who to blame.
    But sometimes nobody to blame except communication. He may feel that you keep doing something and you keep ignoring him. He may have found a shoulder to learn that ended up in sex.
    You take give the pussy a month rest from him fucking you and go back looking for a new Mr Right, but if kids involved, then that is harder

• I spiraled into a deep depression and got auditory and visual hallucinations and started self harming daily eventually I started smoking weed and now I can't remember what I was upset about

• How many happy relationships you know of where one person isn't interested in the other? :o

• Of it is as u say it is he wasn't right for u.
    Sit at home sob for a while. Go out get drunk get a rebound and move on with your life. If it is how u think it is (a other girl In the picture ) then don't waste your new found time on dwelling in the past. U got enough to time for that when life is over.

• Do something adventurous that you never did with him. Make him think twice before he ends the relationship.

• day by day

• Unfortunate and a complete waste of time. That's why I refused to have crushes or girlfriends and instead settled for a life partner, my wife. Best wishes.

• It will get better. It all sounds so cliche but just focus on you. Find out what makes you happy without anyone else holding you up. It is different for everybody. And breakups don't break even...

• Well I guess you need to cry and vent out. I know it's tough been through tho. Just find a right friend and cry and the next day get to face him thinking that it ended now because he was cheat and you came to know early

• give yourself a chance to calm down and don't be hard on yourself

• Only time will help...

• Get a new boyfriend

• Please please masturbate and thinking like is with you

What Girls Said 9

• Based on what I've experienced and what my clients have said (I'm a sex and relationship counsellor) remember two important things.

You have a right to ask questions. Anything you don't understand, whether it be his reasoning, his actions, or why he blindsided you, you have a right to ask about.

He also has a right to not give you a reason, and he can have any reason in the world for breaking up with you. I've heard everything from "I thought we were more compatible" to "you don't wear enough makeup". Even if his reason doesn't make sense to you, he's allowed to have it.

If there is another girl in the picture, yes it sucks and it hurts more than anything to feel like "second best", but believe me, it feels even worse to be cheated on.

Bonus tip: If you want to ask if there is another girl, preface it by saying "if you are interested in someone else, I would understand as long as you told me... and I would be thankful you ended things with me first instead of cheating".

• i'd write down your thoughts. you don't want to be a mess. in a situation like that, you want to look amazing and be composed. be in control. write down everything you're thinking, questioning, and pick out the important points for discussion.

so tell him how you viewed the relationship and tell him you'd like to learn from this experience and the best way to do that is to understand his point of view and when/why his view on the relationship changed.

before you meet him, focus on your breathing. listen to calming music. good luck.

• if he tells you he wants to break up then its done and you're not missing lout on not being with him. its good that you enjoyed it, but its gone now. makes it pretty simple to move on. no ambiguity. nothing for you to worry about 'doing'. no unending problem solving-its just over. he's gone. its way better than not knowing or him lying wasting everyones time.. onward

• Heartbreak sucks. It sucks really bad. I could send you 5 pages on how to get over it, but really the only thing that helps is time. Time heals all wounds.. just be patient. I’m sorry you’re going through that though. It feels like the worst thing in the world at the moment but I promise it does get better! Just keep pushing.

• That's why I hate relationships. You never know what happens.
    Break up with him before he breaks up with you at least you won't victimize yourself.

• I just recently broke up with my ex, we just couldn't get along non-stop agruments, No progress, literally a waste of 8 months, You need someone who going to bring the best out of you, supportive and understanding to your needs. I recommend you find an activity or hobby that will keep you busy something you enjoy, remain positive focus on yourself and achieving your goals, This guy is not worth it, You will eventually find a man that will appreciate you and love you in a matter of time. Let love find you don't chase it!

• Aww hun... I'm sorry to hear dat. I know you love him and all but why bother about that jerk when everything that u did together ment a lot to you and ment almost nothing to him. Esp if he wants someone else just buy yourself some chocolate and ice cream to feel better and know that breaking up with him would be the best thing you've done for yourself cuz a guy like that don't deserve anyone esp someone like you babe. I hope feel better soon, I'm cheering you on !!❤

• Masturbate, eat a lot of food, cry, then pick yourself up and get back to life.

• Wow I could never get over that