Has a trial separation ever saved a marriage?

Or is it delaying the obvious?

224

What Guys Said 24

• My opinion? Probably delaying the obvious. If it has gotten that far, I feel like the two already have grown apart and probably might’ve not been compatible from the start

• Not sure but I know I don't believe in it. "Trial separation", "break", whatever you want to call it, if that's suggested, to me that's as good as saying "we're done".

• I know two couples, good friends since school, who have tried it and depending on who you talk to fortunately or unfortunately they divorced. We were going to try it when I asked her if she was willing to change. She almost blew a gasket as I just said "I didn't think so". LOL.

• For me, it was delaying the obvious. I can't speak for anyone else, though.

• It can be I think. All depends on what you two agree on in that period of separation. I've seen it go both ways. You guys need to discuss what you feel comfortable about each other doing in that time frame. If both are taking time apart to find themselves or reevaluate the relationship. It can be good.
    Butt if one is using this time to
    Go out party and enjoy single or be with other people it will cause more problems. But like I said you two would have to set down and talk about what's ok and what's not in that time period

• Of course it has... you might both sleep around for awhile... looking for what your partner didn't provide... or the opposite... you might find you dont like being with others, and maybe forgive or ask forgiveness to your waiting partner... if they are willing, set up guidelines, boundaries, and time to be together, make it work... you might find that u will look for and accept more from your next partner that you werent giving to your current one... if so, think about that... maybe you need to look at what you are willing to tolerate and what crosses the line... then be firm. Or forgive. Yourself and them. Good luck.

• I have never known that to happen. I my case , I ended it as could not stand anymore BS & her idleness !!

• Trying to get back with your wife when you know for a fact she has been having sex with other men for 6 months is difficult. Not knowing is way worse. The doubt and uncertainty is impossible to deal with... and almost no man will believe that you spent 2,3,4 months as a single woman and didn't try anything on the menu.

• No. Not that i know of. It is simply a delay.

• No in my opinion.

• i think its probably delaying theobvious

• Just a delay and a back up plan

• You know the answer to your situation. But it has rarely worked yes

• yes it has. the lack of you two being not together will most likely grow you two more closely to each other.

• Depends upon the reason os seperation. But, sometimes it is good to go for trial seperation as it helps to understand the value of each other importance in life.

• Just a delay and all my experiences...

• just a delay in my book.

• I, unfortunately have to agree with PoliceLivesMatter

• sum maybe

• No i ended up divorced

• Of course. It saves thousands of marriages.

• You know the answer
    It will only make it harder on your kids

• It probably can nut if the marriage is bad off its just delaying it

• Just break up with him and quit asking stupid questions

What Girls Said 2

• Marriage counseling saved mine.

• Delaying the obvious I’m afraid..