Has a trial separation ever saved a marriage?

Or is it delaying the obvious?

224

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 23

• Trying to get back with your wife when you know for a fact she has been having sex with other men for 6 months is difficult. Not knowing is way worse. The doubt and uncertainty is impossible to deal with... and almost no man will believe that you spent 2,3,4 months as a single woman and didn't try anything on the menu.

• I know two couples, good friends since school, who have tried it and depending on who you talk to fortunately or unfortunately they divorced. We were going to try it when I asked her if she was willing to change. She almost blew a gasket as I just said "I didn't think so". LOL.

• Not sure but I know I don't believe in it. "Trial separation", "break", whatever you want to call it, if that's suggested, to me that's as good as saying "we're done".

• You know the answer
    It will only make it harder on your kids

• For me, it was delaying the obvious. I can't speak for anyone else, though.

• Depends upon the reason os seperation. But, sometimes it is good to go for trial seperation as it helps to understand the value of each other importance in life.

• I have never known that to happen. I my case , I ended it as could not stand anymore BS & her idleness !!

• yes it has. the lack of you two being not together will most likely grow you two more closely to each other.

• I, unfortunately have to agree with PoliceLivesMatter

• It can be I think. All depends on what you two agree on in that period of separation. I've seen it go both ways. You guys need to discuss what you feel comfortable about each other doing in that time frame. If both are taking time apart to find themselves or reevaluate the relationship. It can be good.
    Butt if one is using this time to
    Go out party and enjoy single or be with other people it will cause more problems. But like I said you two would have to set down and talk about what's ok and what's not in that time period

• Show more from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 1