Guys, do uou get turned off if we tell them that we are a virgin?

My ex and I were together for about a year and then just out of the blue he told me he didn’t love me anymore. ( I couldn’t see any signals that he was going to do this)
He said that it was because of school but I really do think it was because I wouldn’t have sex with him; because thats what I was raised to not do until married.

Did this turn him away?

17

What Guys Said 17

• I'm a virgin as well and I'm 20 next month.

Females are turned off and go away by the fact of that alone.

I think thats stupid.

But I get told I have a really nice personality and shouldn't change it.

But I've never been on a date, never kissed a girl, never done anything initimate in anyway at all...

So then I guess I must be ugly, or just have bad luck with females, or both...

Is that bad for a guy like me?

Or should I still have hope I'll find someone soon?

But I don't want kids after 30 if I do...
    I feel it'd be too late for me...

• And to answer your question, I won't leave based on the fact your a virgin.
      I'd feel un-describaly happy about it.

• Very likely. He waited for a year, and lost his patience. For guys sex is more important than for girls. But this is actually your gain. He should have waited as many years as necessary, and as you mentioned marriage, you made it clear that you want something stable and long term. Like... If he waits you will be always and only his. Well, his loss, not yours. He would have walked out on you with kids or other difficulties later on, cause he proved it to you that he won't stick around if it is not his way. I totally dig this sort of commitment you have, and even had a virgin girlfriend once. She said she was not not ready, don't pressure her if I stay with her, walk away and go to some slut if I want only pussy. I never ever pressured her because I loved her. Seven months later on Christmas Eve she by herself decided that it is time, and I was more nervous than she was by that time. If you choose to love somebody, to truly love, you love them, as they are, fat, skinny, virgin, whatever.

• As long as she isn't a virgin as a result of having a low sex drive or waiting until marriage, I think its more of a turn on.

• I wouldn't get turned off. Knowing you only want to have sex after marriage means that you are looking for a serious relationship. Some people can't deal with that or they just want something short term.

• It depends. But overall, being a virgin means I'm probably not going to be able to enjoy it. You'll be in too much pain.

• Well girls turn away virgin guys on the daily, I hope he turns you away so you know how it feels to be judged

• This is an interesting question sense most virgins don't date. It's best to ask a guy that's a virgin.

• It's possible. He may have been raised differently, and doesn't put the same respect on chastity that you do. If this is the case, he did you a favor by leaving you, as it would have caused a lot of fights.

• Well, yeah. We're not going to waste our time on a girl that we aren't boning.

• It could have been a point.

• No. In fact, most guysits just the oposite

• At your age, yes

• No!!!

• its not your fault.. if he did leave u

• No not at all

• Quite the opposite , the girl being a virgin is actually better than the latter... so no

• Actually not virgins are hot