Would you end things over text?

If you have done It, why did you choose this method over phone or face yo face? If it has happened to You, how did it make you feel? Would you have rather a call or face to face?

723

What Guys Said 23

• I would probably want to end it via text or phone, but might end up doing it person due to principle. I think ending it via text or phone isn’t really a bad thing and many people do it today to avoid awkwardness from both sides and is fairly quick, without too much emotion.

• Having lived with and without texting as a form of communication as well as my fair share of break ups, it seems to be appropriate given the intent. But, no more so than a "dear John/Jane" letter and certainly can lead to unintended consequences, like stalking type behaviours or acts of retribution. So would I? It would depend entirely on how I believe the recipient would react.

• It's the easy way out and less confrontation. I wouldn't do it that way. I would end thing's face to face.

• It's the most coward way to do things. The only people that think this is a smart decision are those that cannot handle the social atmosphere of ending a relationship which forces one to be face to face and seeing the damage of a decision like that. One is forced to see the look on the person's face, the body language, and expressing oneself vocally.

Ending a relationship through text gets rid of all that. Just a few clicks, and pressing "send". Done.

The best person in this event is the one receiving it and knowing that the person that ended the relationship via text is lower and a coward.

• I was in a LDR and she broke it off with me because she didn't like the idea of moving to be closer to me. I took it hard for a couple of weeks but I slept got over her. Three months later I start a new relationship - it's been four and a half years later - and she messaged me, "Well you got over me pretty quickly." Seems like she was expecting me to fight for her or something even though I basically did everything she asked me to.

• Nope. I feel that after a certain period of time that it is stupid. First to third date, fine but after being a couple, no. Much better to call or see them in person.

• I think it be more manly and respectful from a guy's perspective if he ended face to face and it would show that he cared about her and the relationship despite the break up.

• No. It shows cowardice and a lack of maturity.

• I have been dumped by text by a lady I thought I was serious with. It's awful. Worst part is, she had the nerve to call me emotionally immature within said text.

Unless there is abuse or cheating, there is no need for it. It's freakin' painful.

• I agree! It shows lack of respect. It would be easier face to face or at least if it's not possible that way, call.

• The shitty part was, I had no clue. She was literally super loving and affectionate a week before. I guess she was 'building a case' against me in her head. Instead of talking to me like an adult about her concerns, she bottled it up and gives me all these vague reasons as to why she doesn't like me anymore in a wall of text. :/

• Didn't happen to me and never done it - never will do it as well.
    Women are emotional creatures - don't want to hurt someone and leave scars. Would always meet and discuss and then decide.

• i do not text

• maybe

• Thats a cowards way out!

• Lol no nvr. First I fuck her do sex with her. Than suck her pussy. Make her cum inside my mouth. Than I wishper her fuck off. Lol

• No, that's trashy.

• Just be yourself.

• I usually just ghost them. Eventually they get the message and stop trying to contact me

• I have because i honestly didn't care about the relationship. The girl was really religious and we didn't have much in common. Any other relationship i was in i would end things or get dumped in person lol

• that's the chicken way out. but bet it's done a lot nowadays

• no talk

• Now these things are in trend

• I have, one of the worst things you can do

• Did you feel bad about It?

• Ghosting, most likely. Feels you should just go away, if he ignores

• I don't forget, if he didn't want to be should have just said it. The same day he was going back and fourth on seeing me when he got home too.

• Yes, when I really don't give a shit.

What Girls Said 7

• That has been done to me twice, and I'm pretty glad, because the alternative was worse. On both times I had a LDR and I was on my way to spend the weekend. Would have been really sucky to go over and be dumped right away. I mean, a phone call would have been better, but I'm glad they didn't do it face-to-face.

• Never! You have to do it face to face. Texts are so impersonal. To use text just makes you a coward.

• you do this face to face. If you have a long distance then do it over facetime, Skype or so

• That's the cowards' way of doing it. Talk to them in person.

• I would never do It, it was done to me though

• Agreed. Once again, I had a friend who went through this. She became really depressed.

• I can relate

• No, I wouldn't.

• I am already not a big texter so I would never do this to someone. Nothing says “I never cared” as much as an impersonal text. Only thing worse then this would be ghosting.

• Yeah i did it because we were online dating and we never met