Did you ever regret breaking up with someone as it was already too late?

My ex-boyfriend started to messaging me and my friends again 3 years after breakup telling that leaving me would be the biggest mistake of his life etc... He knows that I already did move on and live together with my boyfriend so why the fuck is he acting that pathetic? 😑

72

What Guys Said 2

• I only regret not telling someone I loved him. He relocated and I will never know what might have been. I was afraid he would reject me and end the friendship. And now, he isn't here anyway. I won't repeat that.

• had it happen twice.

What Girls Said 7

• Wants sex.

• I don’t regret breakups but have gotten similar messages from exes.

• No. I don't regret any of my breakups.

• I regret not talking to my ex about our relationship now he is with someone else and I dont know if he will ever come back

• No, but I regret not beginning a relationship when I could.

• Never regreted

• I went through this exact same scenario after highschool, only it took him 6 months to come around. To be clear, the whole thing absolutely shattered my heart. We were together for 2 years, we had many differences but so much in common. He had a LOT of flaws but none of them were detrimental enough to me. Sadly, he saw flaws in me but never once mentioned them or even talked about them. I was blindsided, and the breakup was completely out of the blue.

Fast forward 6 months. I started university and he went to a trade school. We still talked often, hung out a lot, we were still very close, but I was still broken. He tried dating other girls but nothing was working and he was getting sad. Meanwhile, I met someone in uni who was absolutely amazing. The day I made it official with this new guy was the day my ex cried in my arms and begged me to take him back.

Too late darling... too late.