We broke up on good terms but he won’t reply my messages now: why?

Short sad story: he moved, didn’t want to do long distance so we broke up. I was heartbroken, I’m sure he was sad too but it was his decision, so probably less sad than I was (?). After 3 months of no communication (I explicitly asked for it) I wrote to ask how he was doing etc, he replied he was happy to hear from me but never replied to any of the (2) messages I sent afterwards... why? I would like us to remain friends, but I dont know whether the fact he is not replying means I should never text him again...

217

What Guys Said 17

• Why do you want to remain friends with him?

• Yeah he´s moving on and it´s a lot easier when you are not communicating with your ex. I think you should leave him alone and let him find a new partner :) If he thinks the opposite, he´ll contact you for sure

• Generic awnser I'm sure but, you should start dating other people, like really giving them a chance, cuz sounds like you might want more then friendship here. He might see that two. Don't want to lead you on or has somthing going on himself and talking to his ex isn't very kind to his current situation. Or he don't want to get caught up emotionally being so far away. Eather way he's doing the healthy thing right now. If you really want to be freinds respect his space, let it go and maybe you two will have the friendship later on.

• He's trying to get over you. Sometimes when you have feelings for someone, it's better to have none of them, rather than just a piece of them (as a friend only.)

Some people can remain friends after separating, others cannot. It appears he is the latter.

• i hate to say this because your obviously invested, and nice but he actually did the responsible thing in my book
    1. you both need to give it space (like at least 2 years)
    2. relations with ex's are always messy, complicated, and more drama for both of you then you need especially after you move on

• Probably too busy railing his new girl. Let it go.

• I see the importance in maintaining a friendship after a breakup on good terms. Quite obviously you two got along well, but decided a relationship wasn’t the best thing. Some girls do the same thing, and I don’t know why. It seems childish to me.

A hero confronts his/her problems, not run a way from them.

• Because you broke up, duh. I never go back to any of my exes. That's a recipe for disaster. Clean break and done.

• I was in such a position before. For me, its because i am afraid she cannot move on if i keep talking with her. I plan on reconnecting after a year or so.

• Did you tell him you wanted to remain good friends?

• Yes, I told him I needed some time without communication to make my peace with it but I wanted us to remain friends.

• Hmmm maybe he just isn’t good with break ups, I know how hard it can be on guys so if just leave it a while and see where it goes and maybe try and talk to him again after that.

• could be he still has feelings from you but is trying to shut it off

• i think he's trying to move on

• Nah you keep reminding him of the break up, move on

• 3 months is a long time to not chat to someone... if you wanted to stay in touch you should have given it a week tops really. He now has new friends and a romantic interest i bet.

• He's moved on. Now it's your turn.

• Probably because he his busy.

• Ex's who talk, never broke up

YOU CAN NOT BE JUST FRIENDS WITH EX's

What Girls Said 2

• He may have gotten busy.

• He doesn't want to remain friends. He wants to move on