Would you wish your ex a happy birthday?

This is a general question as I am asking for a friend. My friend has been good friends with her ex for about 2 years after they broke up, but she decided to end the friendship because she still had feelings. Her ex was shocked and throw off when Cat decided about ending the friendship and tried to even convince her to not end it. Cat did try to end things on a good note but it ended kinda awkwardly. His birthday would be the mark of 3 months that they haven't spoken. Do you think she should say hapy birthday to him?

what would you do?

1620

What Guys Said 20

• Not only no but fuck no

• Do it two days late

• is there any particular reason why you would do this?

• No I'm just messing around there's nothing wrong with wishing someone a happy birthday.

• What is the reason for trying to remain friends?

• I would not tell my ex happy birthday

• Yes , if she was my ex then I once had feelings for her , no need to be enemies because we broke up , don't you agree?

• I would say yes because in my case she who hurt me the most gave me my greatest blessing in the person of my son. She was the catalyst for my greatest blessing so that and her status as his mother requires I honor her that he honor her too.

• Not my ex. She completely betrayed me, and I won't ever wish her the best for any reason.

• No..

• I do, but that's because we ended on good terms. If you're mature about it I don't see a problem. But im just a stupid 17 Y/O so whatever.

• No id just put dog shit on a five dollar bill put it in an envelope with happy b day on it in their mail box

• You should not tell him happy birthday unless you want to start talking to him again. If you do tell him happy birthday it can only mean that you want to start talking again.

• Maybe, depends on circumstances

• If we were still friends yeah

• Nah, it done. They gone

• Its better to get a hold of urself and move ahead.
    There is no issue in sending positive vibes. And wishing a friend indicates.. you do care.
    So, wish him well.

• If she wants to move on is talking to someone then no. If she wants to pursue him, or doesn't really have feelings when his birthday does come then there is no harm in saying happy birthday

• Nope I'd wish them all death on their birthdays

• Never, my ego will never allow me to do that.

• Nope.

• I don't talk to ex's. Who does. What's the point?

What Girls Said 16

• With all the recent drama, I wouldn't send a happy birthday wish this year but next year after the dust has settled it’s nice to do. I try to send exes a happy birthday

• I accident'y said happy brithday to my cousins ex just last month. They where thinking about getting married and everything. The awekward thing is, my mum married his dad when I was 16 so he's kind of like a step-brother. It was awekward and I wish I could un-do it.

But to answer your question, yes I would... then I would regret it.

• I said texted my ex a happy birthday 3 months after we split, just because he's a jerk doesn't mean I need to be one

• I’d rather throw a party the day he dies.

Depends on the relationship. I personally wouldn’t, although I have in the past. If I was her I wouldn’t.

• I personally would

• No she shouldn’t. Her situation seems like it would just make things worse for her.

It’s definitely situational... my ex husband has texted me happy bday on my birthday since we split in 2008 and I randomly say it to him but we also coparent our daughter very well.

• Nope. If she doesn't want to be friends then don't talk. If she does want to be friends then this is the chance to start talking again.

• Sure, only if she believes she's over him and wouldn't mind being friends with him again

• I would still wish him happy birthday because even though our relationship ended awkwardly I would still want him to wish me happy birthday so I’d do the same for him..

• no way

• My exe's birthday is coming up and I plan on wishing him a happy birthday.

• I know I might sound pathetic, I have done that in the past.

• What would be the point in wishing him a happy birthday if she already ended the friendship? Seems as though she doesn’t really know what she wants, and is maybe just using it as an excuse to speak to him.

• yeah i can understand that. When she ended it she wasn't looking at is a forever thing, just until she can move on. (i dont get it either lol) but i think its to show she doesn't want there to be problems and wants to show that she still cares.

• I mean, understandable, but she needs to care about herself a bit more and make sure she has moved on completely (if she can) before establishing any kind of friendship with him. If she can’t move on then there can’t be a friendship, it just doesn’t work. And well, there is a problem because she still has feelings for him and I don’t know the whole situation but I’m guessing maybe he doesn’t have feelings for her anymore? So she needs to distance herself until she’s over it

• Sure.

• My ex wished me happy birthday after we broke up. I took it as a nice friendly gesture so sure why not, just means you're moving on from the past mostly.

• Yeah and send him a very nice note too.