Would you wish your ex a happy birthday?

This is a general question as I am asking for a friend. My friend has been good friends with her ex for about 2 years after they broke up, but she decided to end the friendship because she still had feelings. Her ex was shocked and throw off when Cat decided about ending the friendship and tried to even convince her to not end it. Cat did try to end things on a good note but it ended kinda awkwardly. His birthday would be the mark of 3 months that they haven't spoken. Do you think she should say hapy birthday to him?

what would you do?

1620

Most Helpful Guy

• I would say yes because in my case she who hurt me the most gave me my greatest blessing in the person of my son. She was the catalyst for my greatest blessing so that and her status as his mother requires I honor her that he honor her too.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• What would be the point in wishing him a happy birthday if she already ended the friendship? Seems as though she doesn’t really know what she wants, and is maybe just using it as an excuse to speak to him.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • yeah i can understand that. When she ended it she wasn't looking at is a forever thing, just until she can move on. (i dont get it either lol) but i think its to show she doesn't want there to be problems and wants to show that she still cares.

• I mean, understandable, but she needs to care about herself a bit more and make sure she has moved on completely (if she can) before establishing any kind of friendship with him. If she can’t move on then there can’t be a friendship, it just doesn’t work. And well, there is a problem because she still has feelings for him and I don’t know the whole situation but I’m guessing maybe he doesn’t have feelings for her anymore? So she needs to distance herself until she’s over it