Girlfriend and I break up. Can't continue to like any other girls, how do I overcome this?

i was with my girlfriend for 2 year, I loved this girl man. we broke up and it was bad. she thought I cheated on her so she got with 4 guys from my baseball team over a period of time. it was hard dealing with this because I had to play with them like everyday... it crushed me.

now I start dating again and I can't seem to continue to like a girl. I will see a girl be like damn she's hot, talk to her, date her, then like a week later be like ahhhh I don't want this... its been happening since I was a junior in high school now I'm a soph. in college and its still the same, and I can't stand it. does anyone know how to get over this? I don't miss my ex anymore or think about her that much at all. I want a relationship and I don't get scared of it I just can't seem to continue to like the girl and its getting around that I'm a player and I don't want that at all. please help!

32

Most Helpful Girl

• well, it must have been hard for you hun, but this is the sign that your not over her, she was in denial so she thought the best way to hurt you was to date/sleep with your closest people the ones you have to live with on a day to day basis, if you know you didn't cheat on her then your in the clear, maybe you need some closure, call her meet up with her and tell her its officially over, maybe you don't think its totally over. You need to be persistent with your relationships, when you think straight out that you can't deal with a girlfriend then think of all the great things about the girl you have, stick with it and it will work out OK. maybe being single for a while would be good for you insted of rushing into it give it time :)

• Thank you for answering, its been almost 3 years we have been broken up and she has a new boyfriend. I have had new gf's but nothing that lasted past 2 months. do you think I could be dating the wrong girls every time and that's why it doesn't work out, or I am just picky... I don't know I wish this was easier haha

• Well that could be the case, it has been a long time...but maybe you aren't picking the right girls, maybe your looking in the wrong places, maybe all the girls your dating have no personality, they may be pretty but not very nice. try friends aswell. become friends with someone then start dating them, you don't need to rush into anything...you have time.

What Girls Said 2

• Anyone who would stoop so low as to sleep with FOUR guys to get back at you for something you didn't even for sure do is totally the wrong type of person. You need to look for a different kind of person...find someone better, someone with class, maturity, etc. Maybe look for more than just a girl that's "hot". Keep looking until someone with something else, something special, and then you won't be able to stop thinking about them. Trust me, when the right girl comes along, it'll work out. You just need to be patient, broaden your horizons, find that right girl.

• I'm with you. I can't give you a sufficient answer as I'm dealing with this. When I think I like them, I just... Don't. It fizzles out completely. They lack the sort of humour I like etc etc. I think, subconciously I always compare back to HIM! It sucks'

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe you were involved too young to begin with. You're not the same person now.

Put everything! from 3 years ago behind you. Find someone from a different cultural/ethnic background for one thing. You'll find that the homegrown girls are usually the sluttiest for one thing...other girls from other cultures wouldn't dream of getting revenge in this way!

• Use english! you sound like a caveman