Who was usually to blame when your last relationship failed?

• The guy
  • The girl
  • Both
    Vote C
  • Circumstances
    Vote D

157

Most Helpful Girl

• I said circumstances because he went away for three months to china, but I would also say it was my fault too along with him... I was very into the relationship but he wasnt. We argued a lot and it was mainly me because I over-think , get paranoid and jealous easily so I kept picking on the small things that didn't matter, and eventually when he got home from china... we saw each other and had an arguement, next night... went for a meal (and it was lovely!) but he broke up with me, he said he wasn't ready for a relationship etc... :/ x

What Girls Said 14

• mostly for me it was the guy.

I always try to find something wrong with him.

but it's just wrong for me, not maybe wrong for other girls.

like one guys: his religion and political views

another guy: his hobbies, which included golf and surfing

another guy: his hobbies included soccer and clubbing

the last guy: didn't like sports at all whatsoever, and also his political and religious views are some what negotiable or he's open minded enough to not argue all the time and accept my views so it is working right now.

but it's mostly they didn't work out because of some kind of things I just didn't like. It's neither one of our fault to blame for the end of our relationship.

the last guy also likes pot and stuff that I don't like... *sigh* but I'm sure every relationship has to have some kind of give and take/sacrifice because... no one is perfect.

• He f***ed up. He thought it was fun being an ass and showing off around his friends. little did he know, I don't put up with that bullsh*t.

• his fault because he was gonna tell me he didn't want a serious relationship after we'd been together for 5 months at the [ start ] of summer. mhm.

• Technically it was probably both of our faults, but I was to blame for the last argument that was the final straw so it was probably my fault but if I hadn't caused that he would have probably ended up doing it sooner or later. We were constantly arguing and it just took one to many for him to decide it wasn't worth it anymore.

• He is to blame, he decided it'd be cool to invite 5 guy friends over and watch p*rn with all of them and me. I didn't know any of them, I was only dating him for a month and didn't get past a peck. So it was very uncomfortable and scary. It felt like they were all gonna gang rape me. No joke. It scared me, so I walked home. And I ended it there.

• i was the one to do the breaking up in my last relationship but it was because of something that he did.

• It really depends on the circumstances. The majority of the time though, I would say it would be both faults with a failing in a relationship

• Me. I usually tend to f things up. Not in a "I cheated" way or anything, but in an "I overthink things too much" and let that get in the way. Working on not letting that happen again.

• For my last relationship it failedd because neither of us tried to build it back up when it was failing.

• No one is really to blame. You can definitely blame someone, but the circumstances dictate that it's hard to do that. Not everyone would agree, and you can't really then know who is to blame. So, I chose D, circumstances.

• I was definitley to blame for the last break up.

• his fault he expected sex after like 3 weeks he was a selfish douche

• I could say the circumstances or he did...

He decided to break it off because his parents would not like him dating someone who wasn't of the same religion ( I didn't have one). Circumstances with his parents, but I blame him because he didn't even try to fight it or talk to them, he just left.

• Yea.. this particular coward type I dumped badly more than once !!

trust me.. not worth keeping !

& I don't regret walking away 1 bit.. even if it hurts at the beginning !

• Circumstances. Sometimes it just doesn't work out :(

What Guys Said 7

• There's a quote that's something along the lines of... "A relationship takes three things. Love, trust, and timing." (I may very well be wrong on some part of it, but it's generally right). It's very true and relates to this poll.

Sometimes you just get bad timing though and the circumstances make it harder for things to work out. When it's like that hough you never know what can happen with circumstances change.

• Both: we just had different expectations.

• Actually we're both guys so it's hard to tell.

• I started a new job, working 2nd shift, which she said was totally incompatible with her schedule.

• i always screw up

• Of course girls vote for "Circumstances" which really means that it was their fault.

• Her. She finally showed her true colors and how shallow she really was.