Boyfriend dumped me because I said he would have to adopt my son?

We were together 2 months. I told him I expect to be proposed to and that he would adopt my son. He said he is open to the idea but only when he is ready. I said if he didn't promise that now then I would go find some other guy who would. Then he said I am with him for the wrong reasons if adopting my son is the most important reason for getting married. Then he dumped me.

1016

What Guys Said 16

• Wow, too soon too demanding. I would dump you too. You are only looking for a provider and substitute husband and father to pay your bills.

• Bottom line, if you are a person with a child it is going to be more difficult to get a single person with no kids to want a long term relationship with you. Your pool of possible guys will be smaller. There's nothing you can do about it, just try your best.

• You've only been together for two months and you're already telling him about marriage and adoption? That is way too early

• well a relationship relies on both parties getting what they need.

sounds like he entertained what you were offering him, and decided it wasn't what he wanted.

on a personal level, i would never demand someone adopt my child after 2 months of dating. that person is potentially going to be the parent of that kid, they better be the best damn mother/father i can find.

• dont blame him... you can't forve your kid on another guy like that. sorry but if he just wanted to be a step dad or even mommies new man and nothing more i think you should have respected his wishes

• 😂😂😂

• Well, what did you expect?
    Your mistakes aren't for others to fix.

• It is not my fault. The biological father took advantage of me. I was only 27 years old immigrant in this country. He was 39 and powerful boss at work. I should have given son up for adoption. Now he has no father. I need a man to save me from this. Why is this so hard to understand for men.

• good man, sounds like he dodged a bullet

• Because he felt like he's being forced into marrying you and adopting your son.

Would've done the same if I'm in his place.

• Too soon for that conversation, I think.

• Nah that too much work to take care of someone else's mis

• Is there a question here?

• I would have done the same thing.

• U did wrong thing

• Idiot

• You brought up marriage at to months that's relationship suicide

What Girls Said 10

• I would dump someone who expected that within just two months of the relationship too. The relationship is still too early for those kinds of serious promises.

• I am getting old. I cannot wait much longer. My hair is turning grey already. Then what will I do? I thought he was perfect guy finally. He talked with me about this for weeks. Other guys just 5 minutes.

• There’s no age limit to getting married. You shouldn’t use your age as an excuse to rush.

• I would have dumped you too. You made an unrealistic expectation way to early. Letting him know that you want those things is fine, but demanding that he promise you that after only 2 months of dating is where it went wrong. You barely know each other.

• Sounds justified.
    He wasn't sure that he was OK with looking after someones elses kid, and you were getting pushy with your chains. I'd have ran, too.

• You said, promise now or I will find someone else. You threatened to dump him.

• He was right. That is all. He can be lucky to dump you in time. Your are very agressive and aren't humble at all.

• He should have lol
    I mean you did say that if he's not going to promise he is gonna do it, you are gonna find another guy. So he kinda did half of the job for you by dumping you.
    Now go do what your promised and find another guy.

• Well he has a point. You demanded a lot from him. 2 months is a lot. The poor guy got scared away.

• You simply demanded too much too soon.
    I sincerely hope he finds someone less domineering.

• U can't expect that. Tc

• Yes but I want to erase the biological father from my life. It's not fair for my son to have a different last name. It's all his fault for getting me pregnant. He was 39, I was 27.

• You do know you can change your sons last name to yours?

• Are you trolling?

• You cannot force him to do such a life changing decision/commitment/responsibility. It has to be coming from him directly for him to decide if he wants to even propose to you or let alone adopt your son. You do not rush things like this. I know you want a father figure for your son but you just cannot obligate people.