Is my boyfriend too emotionally abusive?

I have 8 year old son because when I was immigrant in my 20s some older guy got me pregnant. I have to remind my boyfriend of this so he understands how much this man screwed up my life and how I need a responsible man to save me and my son.

And you know what my boyfriend say to me?
Maria, I need to hear you admit that you are responsible for your son being born and stop being so angry. You can choose to accept your life so you can move on in life happily. I accept you. But you didn't use birth control or condoms. And you picked that man to have sex with for months. Just admit that and forgive yourself. I'm tired of hearing the victim story every night at bedtime.

What is this unsympathetic psychopathic attitude to me? Why does he want me to lower myself yo him and feel guilty by saying it is all my fault? He is so judgmental.
That stupid man who get me pregnant had more life experience and should have known better. He needs to be erased from my sons life and be adopted by a man that marries me. All get from him is $850 month. And I had to use a lot of it to get tummy tucks and breast implants to helpy self esteem because he wrecked my body with the pregnancy.

18

What Guys Said 8

• Well seems like your not taking responsibility for your actions and blaming everyone around you. You could have said no but you didn't. You could have had an abortion. But you decided to keep the kid. So it's all your choices. And now your playing the sympathy card. Which is not right on your part so I'd say your boyfriend is right. You need to take responsibility for your actions and stop complaining and trying to be a victim.

• Is this real? Or are you parodying an irresponsible immigrant mother with a complete lack of self-awareness?

• I hope your boyfriend is leaving, your are nuts. You blaming always others and only think on yourself.

• You do not understand the severity of this situation. Let me tell you. My son has tbe fathers last name. I have my mothers husband last name. I need our names changed to a husband's name to have the proper moral alignment. This is embarrassing. And my boyfriend is only saying it is just a name. I can be a father without a name change. This is excuses. Why can he not just be a man and save his woman.

• You want to make your problems his problems. And when you have money for beauty operations and can be not so bad..

• Oh my boy, that does not make a lick of sense. If he adopts my son and does the name change then all will be fixed. There will be no problem then. The father will be erased from existence and the memory.

• If you talk about the same thing enough times regardless of what it is anyone would get tired of hearing it the past is the past
    Let it go

• I think u need to stop playing the victim. Does ur situation suck? Yes. But if u keep blaming that one man you'll never be able to fully accept another man. That's all he's trying to say

• See, now why you say that? I need my boyfriend to stop overanalyzing to avoid responsibility. He is scared becsuse of it I do understand

• He needs to play his part too. If ur together that child is both of ur responsibilities. U can't be arguing over that kind of thing or else that arguing will scar the child more than not knowing his real father

• And I say it cuz it's the truth. I don't wanna be the bad guy here. I'd love to tell u it's all his fault but u wanted honest feedback

• oh, de donde eres. y si no lo quieres pues dejalo entonces

• I mean.. if I ever found out my SO had sex with anyone aside from me, I'd be heartbroken and would have either left them or killed myself. You had sex and a child with someone else. This guy still accepts you, I think he has a strong heart.

• It’s at least half your fault, it takes 2 to tango and unless he raped you then you could have made him wear a condom. It’s not easy to find a guy to take on another kid if you’re going to want a man as a father figure to your son

• You realize that you will need the real father to give up all rights to the child for your boyfriend to adopt your son and you will also lose the child support money

What Girls Said 1

• Well I don't think this was THAT nasty. I mean, maybe he is just boring of listening to this story all day. It was 8 years ago girl ! Come on ! Now you have a son, this son is there, he is real. You better take care of him instead of thinking about his father. I kink of agree with your partner, you can't say you're the victim. You agreed to have sex with a man without condom or anything, you are 50% guilty.

• Yes but that man had money and he was taking advantage of me. I was lonely and young

• 4 months. I know it is early. But I am already getting grey hair. So I can not wait too long or I could lose my chance to attract a man that will do this for me and my son.

• Let him the time to know you and your son better !