How do I get over being cheated on?

i feel like absolute crap and I just hate myself so much and I just wanna forget about everything and cry.

1125

What Guys Said 25

• Well, you could start by not hating yourself. Men are biologically driven to have sex with many people. So you can be sure that - unless youve been witholding sex from him - that its absolutely no reflection on you.

You can search for tricks to get over it. But just know this:

Time is on your side.

• think about it logicaly for a second. why would you hate yourself i you wasn't the one that cheated? call it like it is.. that person was an asshole and he/she doesen't diserve your care and attention anymore. no point in overthinking something so simple. even if by some weird twisted rationality , you did something to drive him away from you , it still doesen't justify the cheating. 2 adults can talk about it and come to a conclusion. we stay together or we break up. you don't just go cheating. period.

• Just dont fucken grief on it. Just open up, relax and clean up your mind.. Release and let go all of them bad thoughts and feelings you have.. Start by creating careless and uncaring feelings tords you being cheated on and say "FUCK IT" out at loud.. Than say "Oh well, FUCK IT, too bad for him, his loss,(LOL) FUCK IT, Im free now and more Dick for me to enjoy" in your mind.. By you constantly saying the "FUCK IT" word, you are getting used to the meaning of using it.. By saying "FUCK IT" everytime you are feeling down or feeling sad, you are becoming more and more careless, and uncaring to your feelings and your shitty thoughts that you will not care, you will ignore and you will supress most of all of your feelings..

• Being cheated on is an opportunity to see things as they are. You are only responsible for your actions and they for themselves. Likewise as we can only change ourselves it is the same for them. If someone has cheated on you it tells you a lot about them not yourself. Likewise when someone is unkind to you it tells you a lot about them. People who do not respect you when you have treated them kindly are not worth your time and effort. In order to get over being cheated on I believe it's important to get your perspective right. You are not responsible or accountable for someone else's actions.
    In every relationship there is something we always could have done better, but that's life we are imperfect beings figuring things out as we go. If they blame you for their actions that's toxic behaviour, and leave. Also it might be benifical to think that what would it be like if you had a longer relationship with this person and found out at a later time. It's better to know what your dealing with now then later. At some point the pain will subside just process it. Talk to someone you trust (family, friends). Unload your anger and hurt. Do stuff that makes you happy. Life gets better.

• Why would you hate yourself? I don't understand. Did you insist that he be with her? Did you suggest it to him and or introduce them?

• Get some Ganjah and go make some girfriends n go have fun

• simple... you cheat too.

• I feel you. I have been cheated on countless times. I suggest just distracting yourself with a hobby. For me, I play with my buddies on my PS4, and play games with them. It's the only way I can forget about it all.

• Forget about them

• Stay busy and occupy your mind, it will pass I promise
    Just remember that he's not worth your tears

• Why do you hate yourself?

• I didn’t see the signs. I didn’t bother with the constant lying. I could’ve stopped it. I wasn’t good enough. I ruined my life for him. I messed up with my family for him. I cut off my friends for him. I gave up everything and now I need to build everything again and I don’t know how. 😔

• Oh. Okay. My bad. That's actually enough reason to hate yourself. But you are under 18 so plenty of time to restart! So no worries. And next time if you see the signs... act immediately.

• Pray I am going through the same type situation it is by far the worst feeling ever but remembering you are worthy of love as well and that you did not deserve to be cheated on tends to help you refind solid ground to a degree

• You wait 9 monthd and it passed on its own.

• Time heals wounds.

• I know how you feel and its hard to get over, it takes time..

• there is no getting over it you have to replace it with something

• No worries just reply here we chat I will give you some idea

• Go out with another person. Or learn a language. Will leave you no time to think 'bout him.

• Same as you do death or pain, with time and preferably destroying the evidence.

• It isn t your fault. Don't forget about it, remember and learn it will help you see the signs

• Just forget about it. It's not your fault the guy was being an idiot

• You'll get over it eventually

• You got cheated on and you hate yourself, strange

• If you really think about it. They cheated on themselves. Its there lose

• Indulge yourself with friends and family

What Girls Said 11

• First, know that they cheated because of who they are, not because of who you are or anything you did or did not do.

Second, reconnect with yourself. Do the things you love to do and enjoy being independent.

Third, spend time with people that appreciate and love you.

No matter what, do not live in the past. Do not get bogged down in memories or second guess yourself. Mind over matter. You can decide right now to take back the space that person has in your heart. Decide today that they are not worth your tears or your loyalty.

Move. On.

• If someone decides to cheat. That is never your fault love , has nothing to do with you whatsoever and everything to do with the person who committed the act themselves. Don’t be so hard on yourself your so young you have plenty of time to rebuild. Don’t let that ruin your confidence , they don’t deserve you anyway.

• First why do you hate yourself? They reason you feel the way you do is because you directed the hurt towards yourself making it seem like its your fault. You did nothing wrong. He’s just a horny man child that can't keep it in his pants showing it off to whoever will pay attention to it. Again its NOT YOUR FAULT

• Just realize that you are perfect just the way you are and the person who cheated doesn't deserve you

• Don't take so much stress. Remember, there are still a lot of people who love and care about you. And even if some day, there is none, you ought to love yourself because you are lovable. Remember all the good qualities in you and cherish them. Moreover, if it's difficult to forget that person then remember how bad that person is to have cheated on you! He doesn't deserve your love or attention. Just chillax!

• first love again hahahhaha

• Really discover yourself... try out new things, even old things that you stopped doing try engaging in them again. As time goes on meet new people and before you know it, you will feel better

• Be yourself, call help from friends, attend activities like dancing or team sports which keep you interacting with people. Meeting new people.

• You never really do you just try your best to move forward

• I feel the exact same way, cry as much as you can, go out with friends have some fun with them. Go out for ice cream. I swear listening to music helps. You're very vulnerable so just take care of yourself, as hard as it is, don't let his mistake control you. EVER, you're beautiful and deserve better just forget him, try as hard as you can. & as soon as you feel comfortable with dating again try it. I think finding someone new will help a lot more faster.

• I would just show him that I don't care about him