Should I go knowing she's gonna be there?

my girlfriend broke up with me about a month ago. I've been having a really hard time trying to get over it and last night my best friend tells me there's going to be a party this weekend with a lot of single girls, unfortunately my ex is going to be there too. I want to go, but I don't think I could stand seeing her hook up with another guy. what should I do?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• If you do decide to go, my strong advice is: NO ALCOHOL, and probably no caffeine either. Your emotions will be right on the surface, and drinking will only make you lose control of them. I was in a similar situation, and my heart was racing. I was so glad I didn't drink that night.

Also, I think it would be great if you could take a cute female friend for support, someone who understands your situation. That way, you could meet other singles, but if you ever feel vulnerable or lonely during the party, you can have a great time with your friend. Having a great time will make you feel stronger and more confident. I know this is a tough situation. Good luck!

What Girls Said 2

• You really shouldn't let her stop you from enjoying yourself...

but if you are still having a hard time dealing with the break up it might not be the best idea to go.

... You'll try talking to other girls while there but will be distracted because you know that she's around.

Go to another party and have fun! ...at least until you know you could be comfortable being around her and still be able to enjoy yourself!

• Well if you are trying to move on, then go, don't let her stop you from enjoying yourself. Cos she is going and I am quiet sure knows you will be there, but its not putting her off from going is it?!

You chat with girls and think about yourself for a change and don't give her a second thought. She sure isn't thinking about you being there and will do what she likes.

So don't let her affect you. Just have fun.

What Guys Said 1

• i wouldn't mate you won't be able to have a good time or talk to girls there because you will feel uneasy and if you see her hook up will you be able to keep cool or will you go nuts and show your self up. you need more time mate