Guys-Why Do You Do This?!

So my boyfriend broke up with me and said it wasn't anything that I had done, and that it was on him. Ever since (and it's been months) whenever I see him he totally snubs me-going as far to also snub a mutual friend if they are with me when he sees us. What's the big deal? I thought he said I didn't do anything wrong?

11

What Guys Said 1

• This isn't limited to guys, everyone does this. It's called the "it's not you, it's me" excuse. In reality, it's you. Something you did, said or simply how you are. Whatever the case may be he doesn't want to be in a relationship or around you anymore.

• Well obviously he broke up with me because I wasn't who he wanted to be with-i get that. But now he's just acting like a jerk-that's what I have a problem with.

• Who cares? you aren't dating him anymore. Ignore him and get on with your life

What Girls Said 1

• Unfortunately I have to agree with the guy who answered first. Except I don't think it's necessarily that he doesn't want to be around you, he just doesn't want to give you ANY indication that he might want to get back together with you. He doesn't want to get back together. But he has no way to perpetually assert that without explicitly showing you disinterest. He probably doesn't even intent to show it to your mututal friends, he just has to show you and the friend is incidentally there. But there are better ways to go about this than what he's doing. He's being really inconsiderate, uncivil, and ultimately he sounds a loser anyway, so don't worry about it. Just be yourself, live your life and let him waste his time and energy on being a d***; not your problem.

• Also, he's being very conceded if he's assuming he needs to be an a** to me because I might think he wants to get back together- I have NO interest in dating him anymore. I'm not resentful, I'm just moving on-he had his chance and he choose to play the field more and throw away what we had instead of commit. Again, that was his choice so I respect that, but he isn't Gods gift to women so being rude to "help" me is just ridiculous!