Why does my boyfriend need to still talk with his ex?

Why does my boyfriend need to still talk with his ex and sometimes hang out?...Do you think I should say something?..

25

Most Helpful Guy

• Really depends heavily on why they're hanging out.

Scenario 1:

They have a child together, in which case, he should defiantly talk to her at times.

Scenario 2:

They had a 'clean' split and, even though they aren't together, are still friends. In which case it could be appropriate (to some degree) they still speak

Scenario 3:

The split is 'fresh' and there's still angst or perhaps legal reasons to talk. Such as "who's getting the dog" or "screw you it's all your fault".

-------

Look the best answer her is for you to talk to your Boyfriend about it. For me, all my ex's have been clean breaks. Some I don't talk to anymore. Some I talk to 'rarely' (say every 6 months or so). And one ex is actually my GF's best friend, so I speak to and see her quite regularly, even to the point in going out with her at times (to the movies for instance).

It all comes down to context. But if it's worrying you, then it's time to talk to the Boyfriend about it. Don't start with an attack, just say that you're wondering why he still needs to talk to her, and that you can understand if he needs to, but that you hope in time it will pass (something like that).

What Guys Said 4

• Sometimes people stay on friendly terms with an ex after a split. If it is making you uncomfortable then you should say something and let him know how you feel.

• Maybe you might think keeping quiet and being the good girl would make things work out,really!no,tell him what you think about the communication with each other,ask him questions about it and if it comes out '+ or - ..its left 2 you to decide your fate

• yeah you should definitely say something about it but be subtle tell him that you are worry about him talking to his ex but explain that you aren't jealous just wondering

• Definitely bring it up -- if he cares about you, he will listen to you.

Be calm about it though and be clear in your communication.

What Girls Said 2

• depends what happened with them before kinda. maybe let him know how you feel about it and ask what he thinks?

if he's blowing you off for her then there might be a little problem there

• yes you should ask him about it... but not in angry manner.