Is there such thing as emotional cheating?

My boyfriend likes to look at other women on the internet. and he even has a lot of his friends who ARE girls, sending him dirty pictures through his email.idk if he IS having them send him dirty pics or not even, for all I know they could just be whores or something. but most of me wants to trust him but there's always something in the back of my mind. I feel like he is emotionally cheating on me. is there such a thing?

41

Most Helpful Guy

• Not sure if what you describe is emotional cheating, at least on his part (I realize you may feel emotionally cheated) but it doesn't sound like the sort of thing he should be doing if it's something that bothers you. At the very least if it's something that bothers you then it's being disrespectful, I know some people don't care if their significant other looks at dirty pictures, even from friends who send them, and it doesn't effect the relationship. But it sounds like it DOES bother you, and that alone means it's not okay because YOU feel disrespected and YOU deserve more respect than that from him.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 4

• he might also be flirting with those girls to get their pics.

if there's something you don't trust about him then why invest in this guy?

guys will be into p*rno and stuff like that, some of them will be...but these are girls that are possibly not aware he's taking pics of them?

then that's a no-no and he might have a serious problem.

might want to re-think why you're with this guy.

• i wouldn't stand for what he's doing ... that's sick and wrong IMO. it's one thing if it's p*rn and strangers.. another thing entirely if it's people he knows... eesh

• yes.. there is. and its not as bad as physical cheating.. I think its worse. physical was a mistake when you were. sad, drunk...high, depressed, on a break.. kind of thing.

however emotional cheating is just plain cheating because the person knows its wrong..yet persists.

• Yes there is something called emotional cheating.

link