Should you be friends with your ex?

Should you be friends with your ex?

I have decided to break up with my girlfriend.
She is too needy and desperate. She loves me a lot. She thinks about marriage and stuff. I'm scared.

I lost the feeling of love with her, but the problem is she said she will be shattered if I break up with her.
I know she is speaking truth , she will be very sad and it will break her badly emotionally.
I don't know what to do.
I'm feeling guilty, anxious and feeling I'm a terrible person to break her heart.
What should I do? Should I be friends with her after break up?

• You shouldn't be friends with her after break up, it will stop you from moving on.
  • You should be friends with her after break up, it will help her cope up with the pain of break up.
  • Others (I want to give my opinion)
    Vote C

175

Most Helpful Girl

• Everyone has different has different views on that, but personally I never keep in contact with an ex.

I have no need to. It causes too much drama , and complicates future relationships. I'd never want my boyfriend to be put in such an uncomfortable position. It wouldn't be fair for him if my ex was texting and calling me. We couldn't get along when we were together, so I could never look on him as a friend

I never keep in contact with people from my past. I move on with my life. I don't hold onto something that's behind me.

Most Helpful Guy

• you shouldn't be friends with her simply because she will be "shattered" by the break up. if that is the primary reason for being friends with her i think this would have a negative impact on her ability to move on

be friends with an ex if there is a platonic friendship involved in your relationship.