Anyone have tips on how to get an ex back? it was a long term relationship, can ye tell me from below if I’ve a chance & what to do? Please?

My ex and I broke up a month ago, we were fighting and he just couldn’t make me happy, just for the reason that he was very self centered. We broke up mutually because he knew himself he wasn’t being fair and the spark started to die a tiny bit. After we broke up I was heartbroken and cried but I acted like I was fine online and when I’d pass him. He wanted for us to stay friends, but after 2 weeks, he deleted me off Instagram and kept posting stupid photos in hope I’d like them, he even posted a photo from when we were on holidays together. He kept watching my Instagram stories even though he had unfollowed me. A month after our breakup, after him trying to get my attention lots, I finally caved and said hi. He then followed me back on Instagram.. we haven’t spoken properly, he’s made the effort on Snapchat in a group chat, and he was replying to everything I’d send to everyone, even though I wouldn’t want him to, I wanted space to get over him. He wrote to me after the breakup and I ignored him, and just the other day he wished me good luck in college finals, but I just sent a really bland text back. We have an upcoming holiday with friends and then a concert next May, and I don’t know what to do because I don’t think I could ever really be friends with him. He was so infatuated by me, even in our last few weeks together, & now he’s pining to be friends, or so it seems. Everyone else thinks he’s trying to wiggle his way back and be with me though but I don’t think so. All of his family keep interacting with me online, showing they’re still being nice to me. I am starting to wonder if we made a mistake though. I know at the time the relationship wasn’t healthy because we were so focused on college, but I thought I’d be happier without him but now I miss him so much, knowing we were so well suited for each other. What do I do? I don’t have the nerve to tell him all of this because he probably doesn’t want the same thing? He probably just wants to be friends.
3
1