Is Cheating in relationships justifiable?

• Yes. Whenever you want it
  • Yes. But only in certain extreme circumstances
  • No. Irrespective of circumstances, cheating is unacceptable
    Vote C
  • Indifferent
    Vote D

1812

What Girls Said 18

• I think cheating is somewhat justifiable in situations where you are already being cheated on (but seriously, just end the relationship) or in situations where the relationship is abusive and you are genuinely afraid to leave/unable to leave (though, again, get out of there). I think the obligation to remain faithful has already been voided, under those cirmcumdtances. I don’t think it’s great to cheat in those cases, or necessarily the right choice, but I don’t think it is wrong in the same way it normally would be.

• Perhaps I have a cynical view on marriage, but I think one can be more understanding if cheating happens in a marriage, typical example where for 3 years one partner refuses to acknowledge the importance of sex in the relationship or physically can not give it. Either one partner can totally give up sex and be miserable, or get it elsewhere and be more able to contribute to the marriage. If someone communicates a need and it is repeatedly being ignored/denied/or shamed, then I would say it’s fair game.

• nope. Never justifiable.

• No, no cheating under any circumstance. There is no justification for it.

• Absolutely not. If anyone feels the need to cheat then they better off leave the relationship.

• No, never. You either break it off first, or you're just an asshole.

• Never.

• I've been cheated on. It's not fun.

• 6d

So what's your stand?

• 6d

It is NEVER okay. Never ever.

Any sincere human being, if feels like he has to cheat, the instead of asking people is cheating is justified, would rather ask what other alternatives he can use.

• Hell no! You may think you're getting revenge for whatever reason, but you made a commitment to that person and you should honor it. I've been on all sides; the other woman, the one who cheated (twice), and the victim who was cheated on. In the long run, it doesn't leave you feeling better for having done it. Call it a temporary moral lapse, but there are much better ways to solve a problem, and cheating will only make it worse. What if you got an STD or impregnated someone? I was fortunate those things didn't happen to me, and it was way back in my early 20s. I was on the Pill then, but even though I can no longer conceive, I will never cheat on my boyfriend. We've shared almost 9 years together and I won't throw that away for any reason!

• No one should cheat period and it is not forgivable either
    If u are with a person that does not mean u need to cheat on that person u stay with that person
    I gotta say though if you do cheat you are so stupid that all I gotta say u fbash

• No. Irrespective of circumstances, cheating is unacceptable.

• I think cheating is bad, regardless of the situation. If your partner isn't enough, you should either try to fix the relationship or just end it, but cheating is the worst thing you can do.

• No. Not exceptions.

• 6d

No exceptions at all?
      Your husband is in a degenerative coma. He's gone off with his secretary. He is mentally or physically abusive.
      Surely you can imagine some situations that are palatable to you.

• 6d

Then leave his ass?

• 6d

@xZoeyx totally agree

• No. Cheating is unjustifiable. You either brake up or get a divorce if you’re unhappy.

• Only if it's an open relationship (which would in turn not be cheating after all)

• No. Just break up before cheating.

• Cheating is for cowards... your unhappy, walk away

• Nah I don't cheat so my partner shouldn't cheat. On the other hand I will allow my partner to have sex with other women, but not fall in love with them. It's hard to explain it's like good use those other females for your sexual desires but don't admire them or have a bond with them. Damn probably makes no sense.

What Guys Said 12

• No.

If there's something wrong, or lacking, or whatever that isn't normal - either you talk about it, deal with it as is or leave the relationship.

• If it's acceptable in terms of the rules laid down by the couple, it isn't cheating. So no. Cheating by it's nature is never justified.

• Absolutely not. Have the courtesy of ending your relationship before pursuing another one.

• Never- it is a person CHOICE to be in a relationship and abide by the rules. As well as their CHOICE to STAY in a relationship if there are issues and work through them.

• For sure, you can not lie yourself and kill your desire, and your human nature.

Not to speak to your partner about your desire ; not to solve some problems with him ; to lie to your partner, because you are too weak to accept your mistake is way worst! And I find it way less justifiable !

• Only time I would see the justification was if it was done in some survival situation, like she got kidnapped. So she used sex to escape.
    Other than some Hollywood type of shit it's never justifiable

• Yes. Whenever you want it

• 6d

You are crazy out of your mind wtf you should not cheat at all you coward I mean how would u feel if your girlfriend or wife cheated on you would u be ok with that if you are not ok with that then why would the person you are with be ok with that you are cheating

• No Never

• Lmao when would it be justifiable? 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Why cheating takes place?

• 6d

I don't think we're here to discuss the causes of cheating

• 5d

We are discussing about justification on cheating so it depends on the cause -

Flirty Nature - Not justified

Not satisfied but can't get out of relationship (happens mostly in Asian countries) - can justify to an extent

It all depends on circuimstances.

My sex desire is high and am not satisfied and if ever I get a chance to have, there are possbilities I might cheat. Simple

• 5d

Its just am example.

• No. Never!

It is the worst way of betrayal. In fact, it is one of my biggest fears; being cheated on. I believe it would destroy my little "pure" heart.