Do guys always come back after a break up?

Do guys always come back after a break up?
Only if it ends on positive note?
Or even on bad note?
Lets say the guy dumps the girl
E. g. over argument, etc
No cheating involved though
  • Yes
    Vote A
  • No
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It is 100% possibly, but not necessarily likely. Personally, I broke up with my ex because she couldn't handle the relationship (failing school, etc). I didn't speak to her for a month, and then a little bit for 4 months. However, she doesn't seem very fond of me anymore. I can tell she still has feelings for me, but she won't admit it... pride. But as of right now, her life seems worse than it was, and I'd take her back right now in a second. I've had girls since then, but no relationships, and no love. She still has my heart. It all has to do with the reason for the break up. Its possible.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• No, some people just realize they dont want to be with that person and thats okay, also it really depends on the situation and how long the relationship was, sometimes people come back if there was something there, and it was cherished just not the right time.

0|1
    0|0
    • Good answer. I've never gone back to an ex. There was one who I would go back to because when we were together, it just wasn't the "right time". However she lives in another area now and is in a relationship so the timing is still off... LOL... No big deal.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 38

• Guys only go back to the girl who broke up with them if they have scarcity mentality, i. e. "this girl is the only person who I will ever make it with and I cannot afford to lose this chance or I'll be single forever". I should know, I've been that guy. On the other hand, guys with abundance mentality will definitely be distraught over the breakup, but they won't be destroyed by it and go crawling back to her, begging for a second chance.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you are lucky its one day if we had to break up on a positive note. But in general its a no. I have no tollerance for breakups we either go to the end or i move on. I take my relationships as serious as marriage. So once divorced its over, no coming back from that ill lock you out of my life. But until that time i will be up for making it work and dedicate myself to a healthy relationship with plenty of oppertunity to recover from rough times.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not always. Only one girl I would always go back to and I'm 14 years into a serious relationship with 2 kids. It's ok though... she thinks I'm a freak so there's no chance of that.

I can't put 2 sentences together when she's around... I just go stupid. So it's fair she thinks I'm a freak.

0|0
    0|0
  • It really depends on the individual. If it's you're first argument then I'd not worry to much, if he doesn't come back then chances are he wasn't that serious about you. If this is your 100th pety argument then like anyone else with a bit of self respect one of you are more than likely not coming back.

0|0
    0|0
  • People, return to what isn't working for many reasons (usually sex), but unless what didn't work in the first place changes, it's never gonna work.
    Why delay the inevitable, there is a saying, "you can't see the forest for the trees" just walk on home boy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Always? Definitely not. There are too many women clinging to catch phrases like "fear of commitment" to even strongly suggest 'most'. I've gotten back together with 20% of my former girlfriends. I'm not with any of them now.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't like change. I've been trying to make admins with my ex girlfriend. Emotional intimate baggage take a heavy toll on me when I try to get over an ex. Something I need to work on mentally. But, in the long run it never really works. What is done - is done. Theirs only so much you can and cannot do to mend a broken, toxic relationship... With technology the way it is it's damn near impossible to maintain a loyal relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don’t go back to a girl. I would unless she herself is Shujina and Lauren. Because them two been patient with me.
    i don’t do unhealthy relationships.
    I want things to be good and respectful.
    I been leaving many girls throughout this year because their lack of effort and appreciation to me.

0|0
    0|0
    • Boyy😊😊😊

• I’m sorry, only them two are special on the time i spent with them. I haven’t Lost interest in them.
      They’re special to my heart.

• 75% no 25% yes
    depends on his personality, his feelings for the girl and his past experiences... each one of these 3 options represents a 25% you can add to the 25 I mentioned !

0|0
    0|0
  • usually if a guy dumps a girl... its pretty permanent. He can come back for sex but thats it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 24

• In many cases they do come back/re-appear but most of the time not for the reason you want them to. Because even if you end up trying to make the relationship work again the same issues with resurface.
    And some guys just come back for an ego-boost/sex and all.

0|0
    0|0
  • I would say it depends. Times they do, times they don't. My ex and I broke up on good terms and we're just friends. Him and I have no strong feelings for each other anymore. If it's on good terms he possibly might comeback. Really depends on how he feels towards the girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not sure, I had one coming back after years and trying several times.

One just tried to contact me after a year but I couldn't help myself trolling him..

The most recent , I don't think will be back. He's only watching me on snapchat that's all. Curiosity. Told me the future of our relationship would be dark.

0|0
    0|0
  • It depends on the reason of the breakup and depends on the people involved in the relationship
    If they care more about each other than the problems they have, then they might get back together

0|0
    0|0
  • A guy I dated a little in college broke up because he said he didn't want a relationship. I saw him the next summer and he was married! So no, they don't always come back.

I need a shirt that says "Chasing Men Towards Other Women Since 1990"

0|0
    0|0
  • if he dumps me over a fight. good riddance. communication being the bedrock of any relationship & all. he's clearly not ready.

and no people often dont try and come back.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not always. They might come back for a few reasons. But one of them is they're not done hurting you yet. So no don't take them back after they dumped you. Don't recycle exes.

0|0
    0|0
    • lol never say never. because in some cases, it was because of a misunderstanding that couldnt be cleared up right away, that the person left. And they may regret having left and come back to fix things. Has happened. doesn't mean they always come back to hurt you. I speak from experience as the one coming back.

• Show All
    • @Missterio ya. he wants to be friends so bad. sends me a birthday text early morn after months of no contact. says he still loves me. like no man. I am done u hurting me

• yes, of course.

• in my experience guys that I have dumped usually come back, but if they're the one that lost interest it doesn't come back

0|0
    0|0
  • In my limited experience, I don’t go back and he doesn’t come back either.

0|0
    0|0
  • Sometimes they do sometimes they don't I wish my ex would come back but I know he isn't

1|0
    0|0
    • Have you tried messaging him yourself?

• Show All
    • because he didn't want to admit he did something wrong...

a douche really.

• @Cewkie93 Thank you honestly I don't want to be with anyone else I went through something similar
      4 -5 years ago which he knew about but this time this has been the most hardest thing I have gone through and it has nearly killed me Thank you for your advice

• Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes