Why am I comparing myself to my ex?!

I'm sick of doing this but every few weeks I "check up" on my ex-facebook and such. I think he might already be seeing someone (we only broke up 2 months ago after about a year together). I know I shouldn't care, and I know he's acted like a real jerk since he dumped me, but I can't help it! How do I stop doing this? I want to move on,but for some reason I'm not and it's frustrating that his life seems so perfect even though he's put me through hell!

02

What Guys Said 2

• Delete him of all social networking sites and cut off all contact. This is the only way your going to start to get over him. If he loves you and wants you back he will call! believe me when I say the rule of no contact works better on men than it does on women ;)

You need this time to get over him. Even if you got back together tomorrow you would still feel resentment for the fact that he dumped you the first time and it could happen again.

You need to get over these feelings and forgive yourself and him regardless of how hard it may seem.

For your sake you need to detach all contact with him or nothing will get better in the long run

• What do you mean by this? "If he loves you and wants you back he will call! believe me when I say the rule of no contact works better on men than it does on women ;)"

Does it mean a dude who loves you will miss you if you don't contact him, or just the opposite?

• Staying away from facebook for a while would help. Your making it seem like your 'competing' with him. Don't have that mentality. Being on facebook after a break up is very, very unhealthy for your mental health. If you MUST be on facebook, then block him! Either way, don't go to his page. If he is seeing someone else, then you should be doing the same. What he does with his life, shouldn't be your concern and the same goes for him. You are going to be fine...as long as you simply...stay away.

What Girls Said 0