My boyfriend of over a year thinks I cheated on him, how do I reassure him I didn't?

We've been dating for over a year and were long distance. He lives 3 hours away so we don't get to see each other often. Two days ago he accused me of cheating on him because apparently people told him I did. I DIDN'T CHEAT on HIM! What should I do to make him know I didn't?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• From experience, if a guy accuses you of cheating on him he's either:

a) cheating on you & feels guilty, so he's trying to find flaw in you; or

b) really insecure about himself

My best advice would be to tell him you're telling the truth and let him know that if he can't trust you then there cannot be a relationship. . .especially long distance. TRUST is HUGE in relationships. Without it, there can't be one. . .Think about your relationship with your best friend, there's trust. . .all relationships there's trust. Let him know that & if he can't accept it or won't believe you, leave him.

I've been in your situation before & I found out he cheated on me because I wouldn't get high with him & wasn't "kinky" enough. We were 17 lol. It didn't work out and I'm glad I didn't keep trying. . .he's a psychopath. lol. but anyways. . .good luck. . .hope this helped some.

What Guys Said 1

• i hate to say it, but when one partner suddenly becomes very suspicious of the other, it is usually because theyve cheated or became close to another. tell him you didn't and to drop it, and that he has to trust you if your going to stay together.

What Girls Said 2

• He's got to trust you and you only...and if he doesn't the relationship is over...because he'll always think your up to no good...sit down and have a serious chat with him x if you wanna make it work you have to tell him...otherwise he will always have these demons in his head.

If he doesn't believe you you have to end it ...trust is what holds a relationship together x

• I've had this same problem, and was completely innocent. If he doesn't trust you by now, its time to become single for a while or find someone new. You can only reassure someone so many times, and if you really love someone then you should be able to trust them. That's my opinion though.