Is my relationship over?

My boyfriend recently decided he wanted a break from our relationship. He said he needed some time by himself and didn't have time to be with anyone, and he needed to figure out who he is. He said we are still young, and if it's meant to be it will happen. He only feels this way because he doesn't get to come see me often since he's busy and he doesn't think he's treating me right. I'm not concerned with this, a video chat is just fine until I can actually see him. I do not expect him to spend every second of his day talking/ being with me. I tried explaining this to him but no luck.. Is there any way I can fix this? Or should I just let it be..

620

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not going to say that it's 100% certain that your relationship is over because anything can happen to bring it back, but to not sugar coat it, it's looks like its heading towards the road where it's not so sunny.

And I understand where your boyfriend is coming from, if you two are in a long distance type relationship (LDR). Usually the case, it'll take more work to maintain the daily on-goings of a LDR, and if both parties aren't up to the challenge, it'll mostly not work out.

IF you guys aren't in a LDR, and he says what he says, then for the most part, it's not going to look good. IF he's lost, then he might just feel like he needs to establish who he is before anything else. They say, "A man without a vision, is a man without a future."

But then there's the last route, where, if anything, he might be breaking it off with you because he has found a new interest in his life.

All this can just be conjecture, as only you know your boyfriend "best". There are many variables missing to be able to give a stronger definite opinion on the matter. But one things for sure, if a guy usually says he wants to take a break or break up in a relationship, take it at his word.

You might not accept it right now, but sooner or later, you'll have to accept that both of you will be on separate roads in the path of life. Don't let this discourage you, which it will, but eventually move on with your life and create something better for yourself. Ask yourself later on, "What can I learn from this event in my life to help me push forward the best way possible?" and reflect constructively. I won't say that it'll be easy because the mind is socially trained to be negative, but I can tell you that once you figured it out it'll make things more easier. This too shall pass to bring even better/greater things into your life. Let it be, move on, and when he comes back to you, reflect really thoroughly about it before you come to a decision. For the meanwhile, create a personal development plan to help you become the best version of yourself. Everyone has potential for greatness, but most lacks the commitment to overcome and become one. Hope this helps a bit. =)

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• It's over, he just doesn't have the guts to say it but he's trying to slowly tip toe/disappear his way out the relationship without saying it. He probably hoping you will just forget him and move on or call it off yourself. There's no such thing as a "break" in a relationship just break ups, it's either you want to stay with someone or you don't clear and simple. Breaks do nothing but drive a wedge between you even more, the longer you are apart the faster the connection between you and that person dissolves. Just go ahead and do him and yourself a favor and call it off for good. Let him go off and do his own thing, you can do yours and when the time comes you'll find someone new.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE