Is my relationship over?

My boyfriend recently decided he wanted a break from our relationship. He said he needed some time by himself and didn't have time to be with anyone, and he needed to figure out who he is. He said we are still young, and if it's meant to be it will happen. He only feels this way because he doesn't get to come see me often since he's busy and he doesn't think he's treating me right. I'm not concerned with this, a video chat is just fine until I can actually see him. I do not expect him to spend every second of his day talking/ being with me. I tried explaining this to him but no luck.. Is there any way I can fix this? Or should I just let it be..

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm not going to say that it's 100% certain that your relationship is over because anything can happen to bring it back, but to not sugar coat it, it's looks like its heading towards the road where it's not so sunny.

And I understand where your boyfriend is coming from, if you two are in a long distance type relationship (LDR). Usually the case, it'll take more work to maintain the daily on-goings of a LDR, and if both parties aren't up to the challenge, it'll mostly not work out.

IF you guys aren't in a LDR, and he says what he says, then for the most part, it's not going to look good. IF he's lost, then he might just feel like he needs to establish who he is before anything else. They say, "A man without a vision, is a man without a future."

But then there's the last route, where, if anything, he might be breaking it off with you because he has found a new interest in his life.

All this can just be conjecture, as only you know your boyfriend "best". There are many variables missing to be able to give a stronger definite opinion on the matter. But one things for sure, if a guy usually says he wants to take a break or break up in a relationship, take it at his word.

You might not accept it right now, but sooner or later, you'll have to accept that both of you will be on separate roads in the path of life. Don't let this discourage you, which it will, but eventually move on with your life and create something better for yourself. Ask yourself later on, "What can I learn from this event in my life to help me push forward the best way possible?" and reflect constructively. I won't say that it'll be easy because the mind is socially trained to be negative, but I can tell you that once you figured it out it'll make things more easier. This too shall pass to bring even better/greater things into your life. Let it be, move on, and when he comes back to you, reflect really thoroughly about it before you come to a decision. For the meanwhile, create a personal development plan to help you become the best version of yourself. Everyone has potential for greatness, but most lacks the commitment to overcome and become one. Hope this helps a bit. =)

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• It's over, he just doesn't have the guts to say it but he's trying to slowly tip toe/disappear his way out the relationship without saying it. He probably hoping you will just forget him and move on or call it off yourself. There's no such thing as a "break" in a relationship just break ups, it's either you want to stay with someone or you don't clear and simple. Breaks do nothing but drive a wedge between you even more, the longer you are apart the faster the connection between you and that person dissolves. Just go ahead and do him and yourself a favor and call it off for good. Let him go off and do his own thing, you can do yours and when the time comes you'll find someone new.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• In my language, we use a term called "chave de buceta" it means "pussylock" like an armlock...
    Say you are ok with it and after a week or two with no talking, talk dirty to him and call him over to your house... Then give him the best sex he could ever ask for. There you go, he is back.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, just let it be. He's made up his mind. I suspect he doesn't think you're the right one for him and therefore feels guilty about leading you on. He feels you're pressuring him into commitments that he's not ready to make.

0|0
    0|1
  • From a male perspective, it sounds like he's lost interest with you and is doing his best to push you away without completely letting you go (selfish as that may be). I spend 90% of the year travelling for work but me and my girlfriend make it work so it depends on how committed both parties in the relationship are to making it work

0|1
    0|0
  • It will be or it will not be, you have to be ok with both outcomes, because it's not just your life, it's his, too, and he just might not feel the same way. It sucks, but you're two separate people. Just be you, do what you think is best, hope for what you want, but prepare yourself just in case you don't get it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well, from what I am gathering here, he seems to have his mind set on something. That something is a break up. You clearly stated that you were fine with an occasional video chat, but he quite simply refused. That usually isn't good. My best bet is that he has lost the interest he once had. I recommend letting it go and just looking towards a brighter future. There are plenty of other people who can give you something just as great or even better. If you're lucky, he may come back. But don't go diving in without taking precautions because some of the biggest douchebags come from the ones who are on and off about dating women. I've read too many stories and have seen to many women get their heart broken by the same guy at least 5 times. So, be careful and even if he doesn't, like I said, enjoy life. Don't pester yourself with it. You have better things and even better people to look forward to.

0|0
    0|0
  • If a guy wants space from you then you don't deserve him. The right guy will never want to a break. You will know when it's right, just give it time!!❤

1|0
    0|1
  • I think it's over too. You could try talking to him i had a similiar convo with my ex and we made time to talk and she was busy. He just doesn't want to be with you

0|1
    0|0
  • boi needs some time to figure out that he's tryna get his dicc wet instead of talking to some girl on video chat

1|0
    0|0
  • He might be concerned that one of you is going to wander. Better to end things before that happens. It's a C. Y. A. tactic.

0|1
    0|0
  • Offer to gove him oral. If he says no, im sorry. There's nothing u can do. He's gone. Unless u go the Harley Quinn route... but he has to be the joker. ...

0|0
    0|1
  • I think u had sex a lot with ur boy friend as it makes the relationship less likely to stay with that girl

0|0
    0|0
  • You can try but if he does not want then let it be you are going to find someone who is going to care you more and won't ask for a break

0|0
    0|0
  • Abort the mission, life will give you what you need :)

0|0
    0|0

• Yes, it is over, forget him. Either you refused sex or he has had enough

0|0
    0|0
  • he will comeback if he need you. if not, he got someone new. move on

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it is over

0|0
    0|0
  • Blah blah blah. It’s over

0|0
    1|1
  • Yes it is

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. That is dead.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• It’s over.

The fact he doesn’t want to listen to your compromises shows it’s over. Or he is hiding something personal and lying. But either way, he doesn’t value you as his most important person.

I’m sorry. It’s a horrible situation, and it hurts. He’s trying to be kind but really he’s just extending hope and pain.

Good luck sweetheart.

0|1
    0|0
  • Heard this way to many times to know that he's taking the easy way out.

He'll probably try to contact you, but its for the best if you move on.

In my opinion, a guy that really cares will STAY rather than try to run away and make excuses. We all have the same 24 hours in a day; its how we decide to use them that counts!

Girl to girl.. leave it alone & get you something better.

0|0
    0|0
  • He's trying to end the relationship at his expense so he doesn't hurt your feelings in some way. I would move on now

0|0
    0|0
  • He's made up his mind darl, I'm talking from experience. Try to move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • İ think if he feeling lonely he come back

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes