Do I meet ex boyfriend tonight?... advice please!!

Ex boyfriend split broke up with me about 2 months ago. We haven't had much to do with each other over last month. I still miss him so so much, whereas he's carrying life on as normal. I have some of his stuff to hand back and we arranged to meet up somewhere neutral this evening. I have two options, do I go & and give everything back to him so I can move on and no need to see or hear from him again, or leave it until I'm over him then hand stuff over? Thanks :)

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Give back his stuff because if you don't, he could think that you are holding it "hostage" as a way of hanging on to the past.

Yes, you might miss him but realize that he wanted this. You might not understand his actions as to why he is moving on so quickly but you should respect it(just because the guy looks fine doesn't mean he isn't hurt). By doing this, it shows him that you have no hard feelings. There is nothing worse than meeting up with a ex and having her only give you half of your stuff and having her try to met up another time to drop off the rest. I always get the impression that she planned it that way. That's when I tell her to keep it all.

Show him that you are ready to move on and that you accept his decision to break up. it's pretty suprising when you are anticipating that your ex is gonna be a mess because you left her, but then you see her and she is doin just fine without you. Good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• Getting rid of his things may be a good way to help you get over him. It's part of the process and it can provide you with the closure you need to move on. You've already arranged the meeting so take the opportunity to take a step past what didn't work. You don't need his stuff lying around to remind you about something that's already history.

What Girls Said 2

• I actually just met up with mine last night :-} and things went very well. I think if you still care for him and want to be with him go ahead what's there to lose? (your already not together) and if so don't bring his things. that should have been taken care of a while ago, if he wants them he will ask for them. If you meet up bring up the fact that you still have some things of his that will give you groundage for bringing up your current situation. So did he do the asking or you? Either way I guess it doesn't matter you both obviously want to see each other, he wouldn't have agreed if he didn't. But if he blows you off tonight then don't push the subject again, act as if it doesn't bother you. If he really cares he will try to see you again, if not make the final arrangement to bring him his belongings and he will truly know your not messing around. you care for him but it's not worth consuming your life over... :) good luck!

• Thanks... glad your meeting with ex went well. With my meeting I know it's not going to be like urs. I text to tell him he had stuff at mine so we've arranged to meet up at a random pub. I thought we would have drink and catch up but he thinks we're just going to exchange stuff in car park and go home our seperate ways :( I've asked for all my stuff back now too, so this will be the final encounter.. unless he misses me.. but I know he's way to stubborn to ever admit it. Ohwell life goes on... :)

• You need to give him his stuff back. Or just completly throw it away BUT! you need to be careful when seeing him cause you don't want to do anything that we'll make getting over him hard. Good luck!