My ex wants a "truce".

So, at the end of February this year, my ex and I split. At first things were fine, but as he gradually realized he wanted me back and I didn't, things got messy fast. He wrote me all kinds of nasty letters and then would turn around and say how much he loved me forever and beg me to take him back. I cut contact with him completely at the end of the school year.

Now that school is back in session, we're both in the same place again. We're both Honors students, and we share many, many friends, so sooner or later we're going to have to see each other. He sent me an email swearing up and down that he was done and we should just be able to be in the same room and have casual conversation but not necessarily be friends. I want the same thing, but the problem is this:

I have zero trust left in the guy. Zero. I know he's not a bad kid, but after we broke up, he lied to me so, so, so many times just to try to get my attention or get me back. I want to believe what he says, and I think he's telling the truth, but I can't make myself believe him completely.

So what do you guys think? Is this my problem, and I should get over it? Do I have the right to continue ignoring him? How would I? What should I do or say?

And thanks.

01

What Guys Said 1

What Girls Said 0