If a guy doesn't reply your messages, is it time to move on?

I always loved a guy. It has been two years. Initially he said to me that friends remain for life time and I should not go into complications. We remained in touch. However, my feelings for him never changed. In the beginning he was alright with me. Now he never even calls me when I ask him to. I even texted him that whether he is not interested to keep any relation with me. He saw my text but did not reply. I felt very hurt. I think it's obvious that he had moved on. Or am I wrong?

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• He friendzoned you, you made things awkward trying to push for more, and you're making out that he's a dick for not calling you when you want him to.

Reality check, he has no obligation to do anything for you. If you wanted to speak to him, call him yourself! But he won't answer anyway. You can't stay friends with someone you like cause they'll know you'll try push the boundaries for more than friends. Move on, you're a girl so you can get plenty of other guys, especially if you actually put in some effort and don't expect guys to do all the work calling, texting etc.

0|1
    1|0
    • I texted him, keeping in view his busy routine. By the way, he always called me himself in the past.

• Yeah, when HE wanted to. Don't go expecting him to call you when you wanted to speak with him.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know how you feel. It hurts, bad. But move on, never prioritize some dude over your own life and feelings and never put your life on hold for some dude. Keeping living your life, meeting new people, having fun etc. One day he might regret losing such a girl and when he does come around... disappear.

2|0
    0|0
    • I even said this to him, "You will regret it." His reply was, "I hardly regret." I said, "You will!" And he said, "I don't mind."

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 20

• To me, it's sounds like your being a little too aggressive with your messaging. Perhaps tone it down a little, act a bit more casual, maybe ask him out for a bite to eat or some coffee to talk to each other.

0|1
    0|0
    • That won't be possible as he won't want to meet me.

• He will give reasons of being busy and committed with other stuff.

• My friend has a sicko girlenemy he thinks is a girlfriend. She reads all his email and responds implieing that she is him and then deletes the message so my buddy never sees it. What if this was the case?

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess he isn't into you, staying friends was cool with him, but the moment he smelled your feelings, he didn't like it, and hence is avoiding you at all costs. I suggest you just maybe open up to him, and let him open up to you too. If it isn't meant to be, he'll walk away. It will hurt initially, but it'll be good for both of you

0|0
    0|0
  • Time to send a Trojan horse, full of explosives.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/5-22-2015/_S0pY5.gif

0|0
    0|0
  • It sounds like he has, but there may still be hope! One of many things could have happened for that, so I say just wait it through, don't send another message, and see if he actually wants to talk to you. If he dose, he'll notice you haven't been speaking, and will text back

0|0
    0|0
    • He won't. Once we never even talked for several months. He never rven contacted me himself. I did.

• Well, I'm truly sorry to say this, but I think her gone

• If you keep showing your love towards him that will make him uncomfortable with you since he consider you as a friend.
    If you want this friendship then you need to handle your feelings otherwise just move on.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes. I think you should. Don't waste your time with someone who not deserve you and your attention.

I passed by similar situation weeks ago, and what i did was... forget her and give attention to who really cares.

Do the same and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • You need to move on emotionally and keep him as a friend if you want but not a main priority. If that is too hard then just cut ties completely.

0|0
    0|0
  • Why do you want someone who is not making effort to get in touch with you in the first place?

1|1
    0|0
  • No its not all about reply you have to look and see every aspect before leaving

1|0
    0|0
  • Give yourself some respect and self worth, stop trying to contact him and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, it's time to move on. If he's not willing to put in the work, why should you?

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes time to move on

0|0
    0|0
  • It's time to follow me and talk with me😳

0|0
    0|0
  • Yaa, sure

0|0
    0|0
  • I would move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah it's time to move on

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe he died.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ok let’s recap!! So you had a guy friend... you liked him! But he didn’t want to ruin the friendship? So he said let’s remein friends but then started not texting or initiating communication with you?

Now he won’t reply to you at all out of nowhere?

0|1
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Absolutely it is.. do u want to get stressed over things each and every single day about why is he not replying you back.. ? Even when he saw your messages.. dont contact him further.. you will have many others who will cherish you.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes he moved on and forgot about you. It's time to move on too

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes