Does deleting photos of everything on your social media after a break up mean you're over your ex?

Does deleting photos of everything on your social media (fb, instagram, twitter, etc) immediately after a break up mean you're over your ex?
Photos of you and your ex together, photos of the gifts from your ex, etc
  • Yes means im over my ex
    Vote A
  • No it doesn't mean im over my ex
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• The fact that you asked this question should answer this question. No. You are not over him. You are still thinking about him. Go outside and live life. Hell, if you are having a super hard time getting over this dude, then travel. Do something cool and crazy. Three months from now, you might meet a nice guy, and you will find that you completely forgot about your ex. Deleting pictures will not = getting over him. There are still pictures in your mind that you can't delete. You must replace the pictures in your mind with something better, not try to delete them.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn't mean that. But it's a process that means your moving forward. As you begin this your emotions will heal better and you'll be able to make smarter decisions without something like that hold you back. Plus it's always good not to have that around before you potentially bother another perspective dating partner.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• not definitive of either. deleting photos is getting rid of photos. maybe its because they cause you pain when you look at them (and you are not over them) or maybe its because they are meaningless to you (which may be either).

0|0
    0|0
  • Maybe. But it may also mean that someone is being demonstrative and perhaps trying to manipulate their "ex."

1|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't work for me!
    If I connect to a person, I get hooked on, like seriously addicted!
    If he was just a fling, you maybe able to get over the guy by probably deleting pics and every other memory of him. But in either case. It is a first step towards forgetting someone.

0|0
    0|0
  • Pretty much yes, if i will delete my Ex memories, why wouldn't it be for forgetting her? It's not like i delete everything because i need memory space on my PC/Phone

0|0
    0|0
  • i was trying to get over her by deleting, i also unfriend her on everything, because i dont wanna know what her doing, or what kind if thing she was having, because if i knew that, i couldnt move on

0|0
    0|0
  • Just because someone isn't over you don't take it as they want to get back together. Getting blocked on social media means they want to cut ties.

0|0
    0|0
  • It just means you're pissed off and impulsive. Getting over something you store the memories and move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • I deleted everything but I'm still dealing with a lot of breakup feelings and bs.

0|0
    0|0
  • I deleate the pictures at the same day like the break up but I need long time to get over it

1|0
    0|0
  • Just reduces moments of going through the pics and facing painful reminders when we miss them..

1|0
    0|0
  • It most likely means the person who deletes this is starting the process to move on.

0|0
    0|0
  • The fact that you mention your ex here inclines that you don't.

0|0
    0|0
  • Doesn't necessarily mean you're over, but it's a step towards getting over it.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a step in the right direction. But you probably aren't over them yet.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means you're on your way to getting there.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's was my start to get over her.

0|0
    0|0
  • U should know how u feel about it

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 10

• Nope, if I mention my ex for example, he was so angry that he deleted me on facebook and our pictures, but once he got over it, he said sorry, started talking to me again, readded me and put the pictures back, so it's the complete opposite actually.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think it would mean that. I would take it as an attempt to move on but it wouldn't mean that that process had really gotten very far.

1|0
    0|0
  • Usually, it also could just mean you're trying to forget.

0|0
    0|0
  • I never delete photos. It was part of mylife and so I keep them all!

0|1
    0|0
  • It means they are trying to get over the ex and move on. You should too.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you're not it can help the process. Letting go is good.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means that you want to be

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't think that's black and white

0|0
    0|0
  • Not over the ex.. but yes beginning to

0|0
    0|0
  • for me it means I'm over