Does deleting photos of everything on your social media after a break up mean you're over your ex?

Does deleting photos of everything on your social media (fb, instagram, twitter, etc) immediately after a break up mean you're over your ex?
Photos of you and your ex together, photos of the gifts from your ex, etc

• Yes means im over my ex
  • No it doesn't mean im over my ex

1120

Most Helpful Guy

• The fact that you asked this question should answer this question. No. You are not over him. You are still thinking about him. Go outside and live life. Hell, if you are having a super hard time getting over this dude, then travel. Do something cool and crazy. Three months from now, you might meet a nice guy, and you will find that you completely forgot about your ex. Deleting pictures will not = getting over him. There are still pictures in your mind that you can't delete. You must replace the pictures in your mind with something better, not try to delete them.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think it would mean that. I would take it as an attempt to move on but it wouldn't mean that that process had really gotten very far.

What Guys Said 19

• Maybe. But it may also mean that someone is being demonstrative and perhaps trying to manipulate their "ex."

• not definitive of either. deleting photos is getting rid of photos. maybe its because they cause you pain when you look at them (and you are not over them) or maybe its because they are meaningless to you (which may be either).

• I deleate the pictures at the same day like the break up but I need long time to get over it

• Just because someone isn't over you don't take it as they want to get back together. Getting blocked on social media means they want to cut ties.

• It just means you're pissed off and impulsive. Getting over something you store the memories and move on.

• Pretty much yes, if i will delete my Ex memories, why wouldn't it be for forgetting her? It's not like i delete everything because i need memory space on my PC/Phone

• It means you're on your way to getting there.

• Doesn't work for me!
    If I connect to a person, I get hooked on, like seriously addicted!
    If he was just a fling, you maybe able to get over the guy by probably deleting pics and every other memory of him. But in either case. It is a first step towards forgetting someone.

• Just reduces moments of going through the pics and facing painful reminders when we miss them..

• Doesn't necessarily mean you're over, but it's a step towards getting over it.

• I deleted everything but I'm still dealing with a lot of breakup feelings and bs.

• The fact that you mention your ex here inclines that you don't.

• Yeah

• i was trying to get over her by deleting, i also unfriend her on everything, because i dont wanna know what her doing, or what kind if thing she was having, because if i knew that, i couldnt move on

• It's was my start to get over her.

• U should know how u feel about it

• Of course

• It most likely means the person who deletes this is starting the process to move on.

• It's a step in the right direction. But you probably aren't over them yet.

What Girls Said 10

• It doesn't mean that. But it's a process that means your moving forward. As you begin this your emotions will heal better and you'll be able to make smarter decisions without something like that hold you back. Plus it's always good not to have that around before you potentially bother another perspective dating partner.

• Nope, if I mention my ex for example, he was so angry that he deleted me on facebook and our pictures, but once he got over it, he said sorry, started talking to me again, readded me and put the pictures back, so it's the complete opposite actually.

• It means that you want to be

• Usually, it also could just mean you're trying to forget.

• It means they are trying to get over the ex and move on. You should too.

• I don't think that's black and white

• I never delete photos. It was part of mylife and so I keep them all!

• If you're not it can help the process. Letting go is good.

• Not over the ex.. but yes beginning to

• for me it means I'm over