Whats the best way to end a relationship?

What's the best way to end your relationship if you're not living together?

I've mentioned here a long while ago that my boyfriend of three years had cheated on me with my (at the time) best friend.
Prior to the incident, I was madly in love with him. Like, I'd marry him in an instant. But, he clearly wasn't on the same page.

Then he cheated. And I thought we could work through it.

Now, I don't feel anything for him but, he talks about how he wants to spend the rest of his life with me.

The stress and anxiety of always thinking he was cheating again drove me to move out of his place. Now, we see each other occasionally during the week but thats about it. As I write this, we haven't spoken since Friday night. I haven't wrote him nor has he wrote me. However, he has been liking all my IG posts.

I was planning to end it after Christmas (since we've already gotten each other gifts and I don't want an awkward Christmas) but, a week ago I discovered he bought us tickets for our traditional summer vacation.
Now, I feel like if I leave it's a shitty move since he's already spent all that money for the trip.

I know I need to just end it but, we've been together for years and and he's already invested money to our future.

What should I do?
How should I let him down?

918

Most Helpful Guy

• Well thats a tricky situation i was going to say leave before Christmas but then i read he bought tickets for the summer vacation well he clearly has feelings for you since he bought the tickets i'd say have a long calm night talk about the situation explain yourself and tell him that what he did is unacceptable and that its the last time it will happen or you will leave him because if its causing you anxiety its not bad for your mental health then see what the output of that talk is then you may be able to choose weather to stay or leave him

• We've had that talk already. Back in October I found nudes saved on his computer. When I confronted him, he claimed a girl randomly sent them without him asking for them but, he claims he saved them just to have for his "spank bank"

• In that situation even if he really loves you apparently he will probably cheat again for some weird sick reason i only told you to have a talk so you dont ruin your relationship if it can be fixed but at the same time i really hate cheaters why they dont commit to their relationship i dont know but they dont deserve a committed partner if they dont plan to commit
      So even if you bought gifts or he bought tickets screw it all you won't live happily with someone who can't admit his mistake and try to fix himself and commit if he had admitted mistake and promised to not do it again i'd say he want to change but lying always makes me feel like he most certainly will cheat again.

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to start contacting him immediately and just end it the moment that had happened. Tell him it's over. Don't wait until after the holidays. And don't continue to allow him to be on your social accounts. Your just giving that person false hope. This is why you don't get that invested with somebody like that, especially sexually before you are married. You could have found out what kind of person he was way before all of this happened.