How do you let go of someone you really like but know they are toxic for you?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• When you find the answer let me know.

But I know that the path implies to remove all emotional interference from logical thinking, and then make the decission with the left variables. Often cognitive therapy is necessary to achieve this goal. But separation in time and space for a while can ease this process without having to resort to other external help.

1|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • PS: No need to break up, no need to say I need some time or space, just organize something unavoidable that will provide both and to which he will not participate.

• Show All
    • Thanks. I'm on other things apart from this site, but I will take a look and if I find time I will gladly respond to your inquiries... Well, in case I have something interesting to share.

• Ok thanks 🌟

Most Helpful Girl

• You have keep in mind you're more important than their toxic presence. Let them go, get distant, cut off all contact, and focus on surrounding yourself with better people.

2|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 19

• First you need to make a decision that you won´t be in contact with them. Be clear of the reasons why that person is not good for you. If you find yourself in similar situatios all the time, it´s time to see a therapist as something in your childhood is probably affecting you unconsciously.

1|0
    0|0
  • With a lot of pain a lot of sadness you have to do what you have to do don't worry about it 2 2much just about when you think you're over it someone else will walk if your life... LOL you have to do it all over... no I'm joking I'm sorry basically just one step in front other that's all... just keep walking keep growing

2|0
    0|0
  • Thats difficult. Sometimes the toxicity can add to the appeal. I've seen it so many times where the hole gets deeper and deeper it gets messy!!

The only advice I can offer is that you just keep telling yourself that. Dont let yourself fall down the rabbit hole!!

1|0
    0|0
  • Really wish I could help dear but in having same problem lmao two blind people can't walk together... thanks for inviting me to your question kinda gave me some adv to my situation thanks

1|0
    0|0
  • You just let them pass, not trying to fight the feelings just letting them go. I liked a girl a lot and I think she liked me too, however I knew she had different beliefs and wanted to do things I couldn't do, I couldn't follow her the path she wanted to go.

1|0
    0|0
  • First of all, block him on apps. Stop speaking to him. Stop spending your time thinking about him. Then engage yourself in work. Go out for a vacation. Travel to different places. Meet new people.
    I know it's hard but make up your mind. Once you will be away from him for months then you will forget about him.

1|0
    0|0
  • Just distance yourself from them and don't make yourself
    a available for them and make excuses up if they keep
    seeming clingy with you. There is lot ways to get rid of toxic
    people in our life and one way is to stop all communication
    is about the best thing to do. I had toxic people in my life and
    i stopped all contact with them cause if i didn't it would of drove
    me crazy.

1|0
    0|0
  • by thinking how he'll pass that poison to you and toxicate you and leave later weak, heartbroken and toxic like him ! so once you get up on your legs again you'll be spreading that poison your self and toxicating other people !

1|0
    0|0
  • Toxic in what way? Smothering, over controlling? I can;t do it. I wasted two years of my life, never again

1|0
    0|0
    • Toxic as in 3 marriages and 6 kids. Truck driver. Lied about his age he's not 40 he's 46...

• Hahahahaha. Lied about his age. That's too bad. Sounds impulsive. 3 marriages and lots of kids suggests impulsiveness. Oh dear

• It's very difficult. Think very long about their positives and negatives. If your are sure they are toxic and bad for you, then you need to break it off. Remove them from your life and do not associate with them or people in their circles.

1|0
    0|0
  • With great difficulty, just keep remembering their flaws and anything they've done to hurt you until you come to your senses :P

1|0
    0|0
  • Unfortunately I have experience in this take my advice and remove that person from your life, there's no easy way just make it quick like a band-aid otherwise it gets worse and worse

1|0
    0|0
  • It's tempting to want to dive right in, but be firm in letting go if you believe this person is toxic.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes. it's batter to live sadness than to die in pain.

1|0
    0|0
  • Drink some anti-toxic-chemical formula to throw them away..

by the way, is it poisonous toxic or not? If it's not, why do you wanna let go

0|0
    0|0
  • Think about what all that person has done for you. Both good and bad. You should have your answer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Cutting all ties with them

1|0
    0|0
  • Wait

1|0
    0|0
    • Wait on him to call even though he messed up? Will he come around? He lied about his age and he's ignoring me because he thinks I no longer may like him.

• No. Wait until it's over. Until you find someone good for you, or until you realize that this is bullshit. It takes time, not great tips and stuff...

• Get new boyfriend

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Just a good support system and people around you to help transition away from that toxic person

1|0
    0|0
  • Push to the point of no return. Your heart will shatter but you know it’s over.

1|0
    0|0
  • Try to get them out of your brain. Do new things and distract yourself as much as possible.

0|0
    1|0
  • Eat, play, sleep & repeat

2|0
    0|0
  • What makes them toxic?

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes