Ever like somebody and never tell them?

Have you ever liked somebody and kept it 100% private?

If so why?

• Yes, and I regret not saying something to that person.
  • No, I always tell the other person how I feel for them.
Sorry I didn't give more options - I'm only human.

PS - I haven't verbally told him I like him - HE'S VERY ATTACHED - which is why I let it go - not a homewrecker, but the love/like/lust feelings remain - sucks really.

1918

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah and I regret not doing so

When I was a freshman, I had the biggest crush on my TA (who by the way wasn't that much older than me) and I was positive he liked me too. He paid the most attention to me, sat next to me in the class, scribbled notes in my book, etc. Just little things and my instincts were telling me that he was into me. But I didn't do anything because 1) He was my TA and 2) what if I was wrong?

And I thought he had a girlfriend. I mean, why wouldn't he? He was prefect in every way. If you asked me what my dream guy would be like in looks and personality, it would have been him. But anyways, I didn't say anything. The semester was over and I moved on. I started dating a new guy. But the ironic part is a fast forwarding a few months, my TA approached me while on campus and asked me out. But of course I had to say no since I had a boyfriend. That broke my heart. I could have been with him if only I waited or if only I told him sooner. My instincts were right. Still regretting it to this day...

sorry about the long story, I know you weren't asking for details.

What Guys Said 18

• I think everyone has at least one of these. I had a girl I was interested in a year ago. Too bad she was my friend's girl. Despite the fact that I like her myself, I still wish them the best. If I can't have her, at least I know she's with a great guy.

• I saw a girl in the grocery store the other day. As she passed me up, I said 'Hi' with a smile. Then I kept going.

The fear started settling in. My heart started racing. I went to another section of the store, thinking of this beautiful girl. Low and behold, SHE CAME AROUND MY SECTION. She looked at me, and I held eye contact with her. My emotions went through the roof - I got scared and started shaking up a bit.

I asked her 'You finding ... everything ... ok?'

She said 'Yeah, how are you doing?'

I replied "Uhm ... ha ha uh ... I'm nervous as hell right now. You're uh ... beautiful."

She smiled and giggled.

Then I said "I can't talk to you right now, in a hurry to get out of here and I'm just surprised, shocked. Scared. I'd like to talk to you again some other time though."

She gave me her name and put her number into my phone. "Call me as soon as you can, I'd like to see you too"

--Can you guys believe this sh*t? I admitted to her how I was feeling and she loved it.

• WOW you are lucky! I never had this much luck.

• Roadking, it wasn't luck. I knew what was going on and I scanned her well to figure out she was interested. When a girl shows interest through subtle actions, feel free to subtly tell her you're also attarcted back, or else just say it directly because you have big balls. I couldn't tell this girl she was beautiful in a smooth way, because I was panicking since she surprised me.

So I told her to her face what I was feeling - I didn't screw around by holding back.

• That's so sweet! To be honest if a guy said I was beautiful and it was making him nervous I would be terribly flattered, and I would give him my number no doubt.

• Wheres C: Yes and I do regret telling them I did.

I mean I liked the fact I told them my emotions but it all ended up in heartbreak and shatteredness. For me anyways. But I told them I couldn't keep it hidden inside me so I had to tell them how I felt. But I regret telling them that because now they look at my weird and don't talk much anymore. Just sad.

• That is f*cked up dude... I hope for your sake that you learned a valuable lesson with this.

• I never saw any good reason to keep this secret. Sometimes I knew there was no chance, but I went down swinging.

• I like your style. I wish I could say something instead of just the constant staring we do back and forth with each other. Wish I could go down swinging, but I have other reasons for letting it pass me by...and it is.

• Don't feel bad. Maybe I wouln't have been slapped so often...if I had paid attention to signals!

• I'm sure they missed 0UT :)

• "Have you ever liked somebody and kept it 100% private?"

The number of girls that I really super liked and never told them (or anyone else) that I liked them is easily over 25.

• Why?

• It would just seem so awkward to tell them, I suppose. Should I have told them? If so, how should I have told them.

• Your poll options are a bit narrow and I did not vote.

I have had a "crush" and did not regret anything by not telling her. Why, may you ask? Well, the funny thing about that is that I found out that she was engaged. More or less, I do not often have a "crush" on anyone. There would have to be something spectacular about a woman for me to have a crush on them. Not looks... Personality. Unfortunately I have yet to find a personality that I find "spectacular" besides that one person... And my ex-fiancee... But that's another story for another time.

• Where is the option "yes, and I'm glad I didn't say anything."

• I'm shy with girls I like, but with the girls I like I usually tell them sooner or later.

• I have been attracted and not told anyone because my Friend was courting her at the time.

• Yep. I just figured that she may not feel the same way. Or I'd scare her off. Or waste my time. Or something.

• Luckily never. Even when one time took me like 5 years. But it was child love then anyway.

• Yeah but that's cause I'm shy and had a few bad experiences with admitting it.

• When I was a senior in high school, I really like this girl that was a couple of years younger than me. I never tried to make a relationship happen because I was leaving for college in a few months. I just thought it was best in the long run to avoid saying anything to her. When I got to college, I found out that she just moved half an hour away from me. Regret set in after that.

• Yeah, I used to do that a lot, during the early part of highschool, generally because I was madly nervous and socially awkward. You know, as a lot of cygnets are, hahah. And now I probably would keep it private if I started liking someone seeing as I'm in a comitted relationship. You don't spread that sh*t around, hahaha.

• I've never admitted to a girl that I like her, mainly because of nerves, I'm too shy to do it, so I just leave it, however I soon regret it.

• i never really thought about this but I really haven't... I usually tell them if I really like them.

• What about YES; but I don't regret it?

• I said A but I don't regret and I never tell people how I feel about them bacause to do so I would have to show weakness to do it and its safer that way and I have trust issues with females. also in my them being interested was not even a possibility

What Girls Said 18

• I think most of the time now I don't tell guys when I like them due to the fact that every single guy I've told didn't like me back. And the most recent time...well...it all just went horribly wrong and I'm STILL trying to get over it, almost a year later. So. Yeah. I'm lucky that my boyfriend was the one who confronted me because otherwise I probably wouldn't be dating him!

• Concern of rejection or perhaps I have noted it was an inappropriate time. Like sometimes I have seen a guy having lunch in the same location as me, and he has just seemed really interesting and funny, but because of time restrictions or because he is with his friends, I just look at him for a while, think about approaching and then finally leave. I think most people have faced at least one situation where they couldn't talk to someone they were interested in.

• Yep! I really regret it because now I think he may have liked me back, but it's too late. I have no idea where he is.

• My problem is that I usually end up falling for guy friends. So it gets awkward.

• I'm too shy to tell anybody I like them. So I've pretty much never told any guy that I had a crush on.

• I never told them and I never regretted it. o.o

• Yes and I don't know why... But that was Like middle school lol I've matured and now I tell them. I have a few times and they got girlfriends which they are still with and have been for almost a year now (this happened with like 3 or 4 guys)

• I've done that with every guy I liked...and it's because I don't really want to be in a relationship. So I don't want to lead anyone on or anything.

• Done what? Not tell him? Well, if you wish not to be in a relationship that is fine. More or less, we all have to live with the decisions we make, as well as the consequences of the decisions we did not want to make.

• Yes, that's what I mean, not telling them.

• Yes, never told him because I was too shy. I regret it because a month later I found out that a friend of mine who knew how much I liked him started dating him, and she was the one who asked him out. When I talked to her she just said she did it because I didn't do anything about it.

I think I learned my lesson.

• The majority of times, I've told the guys that I liked. The guys who I didn't tell, I don't regret not saying anything.

• I put yes but I do not regret not telling them. In fact, most times I am thankful that I didn't.

• i had to keep it private because I knew he didn't like me although the attraction between us was there first but then it faded lol

• Yes, but I didn't regret it.

• Yes, because I thought there was no chance he would ever feel the same.

• Yes, and I really regret because I moved to Denmark and lived there for 4 years and I liked this guy the whole time but I didn't tell him and the last day I got to spend with him my friends told me that he had liked me ever since he saw me for the first time but was to shy to tell me, and it turned out everyone knew he liked me but me and I hadn't told anyone at all that I liked him. So the next time I visited (a year later) I was going to tell him but I found out that he already had a girlfriend so I chocked and it probably is the biggest mistake of my short life.

• Im in that situation now actually.. I like a guy that me and him never really talked or anything then he imed me on facebook once and then we ended up texting like 24-7.. but we don't ever see each other in school.. so we don't talk.. It really sucks.. but hopefully we'll start hanging out

• A but I didn't regret it..even thought I liked him for like 3 years haha

• i thought I wasn't good enough.. like pretty enough or something like that..

• Do not discredit yourself. If you live your life this way, you will become what you think.