Should I tell my ex I'm pregnant?

I'm only a few weeks pregnant and I'm going to get an abortion because if I were to have a kid now I wouldn't be able to give it the life I wanted it to have. We recently broke up, so should I tell him my situation or just do it? Thank you.

*abortion

Please don't preach me about my choice for abortion. I've made up my mind and there's no way of changing it.

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Don't listen to those people telling you how wrong it is. I agree with you. I think you're making the right decision. It's not fair to you or to the child to bring it to a world where there would be no way for you to take care of it. And don't get me started on adoption...

But anyways, I think you should tell him even though you mind is made up. It's only fair to him since it is his child too

What Guys Said 2

• Whoa! Wow! Whoa! You're going to kill your child? D: I think you should talk it over with your ex first... and how are you 100% you can't give him/her the life you wanted him/her to have? They're a few successful single mothers out there you know.

So yeah I think the best thing to do is tell him, but do go all Jerry Springer on the man.

• Because I can't afford to take care of my child ontop of paying for school, my home, my bills, ontop of all the hours I have to work. I can't take on an extra $12k. I want to have a child when I have a stable life so I can provide it anything and everything.

• Well there's always adoption and then hopefully in 20 years or so you can tell him/her what happened.

• Yes you should tell him. Also, killing it would be pretty f*cked up.

What Girls Said 3

• He deserves to know...but what he doesn't know won't hurt him.

As for the abortion,I think you should both make that decision together,but at the end of the day,you're the one who has to carry it and push it out

• Not necessarily. There are alternatives to carrying and "pushing out" your child.

• C-Section is a serious surgery.And a painful recovery comes along with C-Sections

What other alternatives are there?

• And people that's why you do not have sex outside marriage

Now a baby's going to cop the poison (literally) because two people couldn't keep their pants on

Disagree with me all you want, but there's no denying the truth

• I'm sure,a bunch of cells are going to cry and whine

• Are you like 5 or something? Go to school. And in school there is a class called SCIENCE and in science we learn that when a sperm an an egg meet they form a gamete and it will divide and divide and divide until it forms a HUMAN BEING, no matter how miniscule it is LIFE

• You must tell him, no if's or but's about it. He has a right to know as he is responsible also for concieving this baby. Then after that it's totally up to you whether you want to keep it or not. Good luck.