Is it a good idea to let my boyfriend go to the bar with his guy friends?

He wants to go with his guy friends but I don't know if its a

good idea. I'm worried about him talking to other girls and

cheating on me. I trust him, but I don't know what he might do

if he's drunk. We've been dating about a year and a half. He cheated

on me once two months in our relationship and told me a few months later. But it was with a girl he was best friends with and knew well. He says it was before he started loving me. I don't know

what to do. He wants time alone with his guy friends. Should he go?

44

Most Helpful Girl

• if you're worried he's going to cheat on you, then you don't trust him. if you trusted him you'd easily without a doubt say, "sure I'll see you when you get back." I understand, drunk girls are trouble because they all just use it as an excuse to be a slut but, you have to remember, it takes two to tango. I know that's easier to hear than it is to believe but it's true. it's hard to get back trust after he's cheated so it's understandable but if you're worried about him cheating then you don't COMPLETELY trust him yet. i, personally, think this'll be good. you can't watch him forever, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. if he plans on cheating or wants to, he'll do it no matter what. his c0ck can't fall into some chicks pussy. it just doesn't happen that way. I think that by him going out with his guys and getting hammered being around drunk girls will be the ultimate test honestly. my ENTIRE family has ALWAYS said, "get someone drunk because their true personality comes out when their drunk" so him getting drunk around girls when you're not there could be a good thing. if you don't let him go, not only will he be p*ssed and really hurt, his friends will start to look at you differently too. you'll be the heartless, cold, bitchy, controlling girlfriend who doesn't let her boyfriend do anything or go anywhere and that'll only make him look bad. good luck:)

What Guys Said 4

• If you don't he's going to resent you for it, and find another way to sneak there anyways. He's a big boy. Allow him time to f*ck up. Then go from there.

• No, he should be kept locked up in your basement.

• NO! When a person goes to places like that its almost a guarantee that the person will be intimate with someone.

• What?! But what if he just wants to have fun with his friends?

• @lilpinkgirl That would never happen to me because I never go to bars or clubs. I actually can restrain myself unlike most people around my age these days. By the way, slut is referred to women.

• The only woman that I could probably not resist is a woman that looked just like Britney Spears. The odds of that happening is slim.

• Not a lot you can do about it unless you have him whipped and chain him to the fridge...

What Girls Said 3

• Well first of all, a guy who cheated on me - especially that early in the relationship - would have already been gone. You chose to stay with him though, which is fine. To each their own. That is beside the point though.

To answer your question: You cannot control a guy. You cannot "make" a guy do things. You can try, and you may succeed for a while, but eventually you will get your ass handed to you. Don't be a control freak with your man. Trust him (I know, hard to do considering the past. But again, you made the decision to stay around with him), and let him live his life. You go live your life.

• I don't want to control him lol. I know we have to respect what we both want.

Its just hard because we both want different things and I have to learn how to deal with it.

I don't know how I'll be able to fully trust him again. It would make this way easier.

• nah trust him it's just a bar not like it's a strip club. my guy goes to clubs without me and I do the same, I do get insecure and think he will talk to girls sometimes but in reality he doesn't he is a shy weirdo lol. don't trip though, he may talk but I doubt he will get numbers or cheat.

• Because there is a BIG difference. believe me, I am an ex stripper.

• Also I have never seen nudity at the clubs or bars I go to. if and when things like that happen all you see is security then the person gets escorted out. but we go to very classy places lol

• Yea it's a horrible thing but you can't force him to not go.

I don't think he would cheat if he loved you, & if he cheated! lucky you!you found out that you were with a jerk thank god and leave him.