Should you stay close with your exs family?

I grew up around my exs family and one of my family members is with one of his. Do you think it's ok to stay close with them still?

917

Most Helpful Guy

• It is awkward, at first. I keep in close touch with my former brother in law, sister in law... I've invested with him and every month we go have lunch & discuss shit, so yeah its ok. But weird the first time.

• 4d

Thanks for the mho. I had lunch w/my former B. I. L. yesterday.. GOOD LUCK!.. 😊

Most Helpful Girl

• It’s completely up to your ex to determine that, not you. If he is uncomfortable or doesn’t want you around when he is, that’s his choice. It’s his family and his feelings should come first in this

What Guys Said 16

• try and distance yourself for now, until you both get over the break up. Hopefully the break up was mutual. Or at least mutually beneficial.

• It's fine as long as you both don't make a big deal of it

• Yes.

• No, never.

• I've never dated before so I wouldn't know

• Well if ur relation Was not somthing spécial and it was just a month or so. No there is no pb. Other wise yes

• I believe that it's okay to stay close if you were close in the first place. You could use your family member that's dating as an excuse but there's no reason to let a relationship (failed or otherwise) dictate who you're close to

• NO there's no reason to

• You don't stay close but you can stay casual, if you need clarity on that, it means you can see them once a month or so but you don't really make weekend plans with them or text them all the time for example

• i wouldn't want my exes anywhere near my family and i wouldn't wanna be near theirs

• Only if you have any kids with the ex it is but other than that I say no.

• Why not what is the problem

• Its my hobby

• Yup, that won't be a problem. It depends on the person's speaking skill.

• From prior experience, its not a good idea but just cause of future love interests

• What do you mean by future love interests?

• The person you broke up with, their new love won't be glad to see you

• Yes, cuz you don't know what will happen maybe you two will become great friends

What Girls Said 8

• No that's just awkward, especially if they start bring the new girlfriend/boyfriend around. Plus they probably might still have hope you will get back together eventually if they really like you.

• I wouldn't say that you "should", but there's nothing wrong with doing so if you got along.

• yes i think its fine... infact im staying at my exs parents house over Christmas i have a child with my ex but he dont bother with him which diesnt bother me as i still see his family and they treat me like a daughter.

• If you were already close with them, yes

• I think that's okay

• It's okay but as long as you aren't ruining any further relationships with him.

• It depends on if you have kids together or not

• No, when you break up with them, you break up with the whole family.