How many partners is too many? And what should I do in this situation?

This is a long story. I have been married about 5 months now. My husband suddenly became more interested in my pervious partners. I told him originally it was 12, but then I said 6. He said he had been with 10 people. Then upon more question asking I have been with 7 men. He told me he's only been with 5 women. And As time went on through this conversation he's been calling me a whore, slut, stupid bitch. For lying to him. Now he says he can't be with someone that has been with more people then he has. He says that this is why he can't respect women, and this is why he wants to leave me. He said the only way he'd let me stay is if he gets to sleep with 5-6 other women. He says he hopes he falls in love with someone else and that I "finally" leave him. I told him the whole truth of everything, and I am glad for that. I shouldn't have lied, I know that. But what should I do in this situation now? I'm 24, he's 20. Is my number too high?

29

Most Helpful Guy

• It's unclear, how many men have you been with? If it's just the difference of two, then he's being ridiculous about your number being higher. Women having a higher number is a problem for many guys. Yes, you should have told him the truth in the first place, but that does not seem to be the real problem here. Does he really expect you to let him be with a bunch of women, when he says he hopes to fall in love with one? Do you have a sense for how much of this is histrionics, and how much is what he really thinks?

Most Helpful Girl

• It doesn’t matter what your body count is your husband sounds a tad like a narcissist. Big red flag, leave while you can.

What Guys Said 8

• Thats a bad situation all around but if you really care about each other you both leave the past in the past and move on together as if it's just you two no one else

• well, as you said you should have told him the truth , but he shouldn't have told you that words he is angry now you let him calm then go to him and apologize tell him that was in the past before u knew each other and from now then start a new page you and him only NO cheating NO new partners just you and him for the rest of your life and you'll overcome every thing together and from now there will be no lies at all

Good luck wish you all the best ^_^

• I don't think that number is high & my number is lower then his.
    If that's his response, he might not be the one for you.

• Kinda childish to be insecure about that. Try reassuring him that you're with him and only him; not your other 11 guys

• What's there in the number? And does it matter what happened with you in past? And are you worried about his past? Noo.. Just be honest to each other. Live in present.

• nope, he's just an asshole

• Why should u say all those without knowing other person he is not right for u

• If he talks like that to you it's not worth bothering about, leave him

What Girls Said 1

• Apparently 14 is the average number but the numbers shouldn't affect the love you have for eachother