Too long or right on schedule?

Hey everyone! I have a question for you about a girl I like who I've worked with for about 6 months. I am almost sure the girl likes me-the signs she gave me over the last couple of months when we would talk at work were definitely pointing in this direction.

Anyway, about a month ago, this girl moved on to another job in our town. I was going to ask her out before she left work, but I just didn't get a good chance on her last day. I didn't have her phone number, so I sent her a message on Facebook. I knew her free time would be pretty limited with starting a new job and all, so I asked her in the message if she would like to go out sometime once things settled down for her at her new job. This was about 3 weeks ago, and I haven't heard anything back yet.

How should I interpret this? Do you think she just doesn't want to go out and is not responding? Or, do you think 3 weeks isn't that long of a time to get settled and I should still expect an answer soon? Girls, if you didn't want to go out with a guy and he sent you a message, would you just not respond or would you at least write back? Let me know! All help appreciated!

Thought I should maybe clear things up. With the way I worded my message to her, how would you all interpret that. Would you think that you should respond right away saying "I would like to in a few weeks. I'll let you know then." or just wait to respond.

21

Most Helpful Girl

• 3 weeks is a pretty long time to not at least have gotten on fb for a few min. maybe she is not to interested in going on a date with you. but than again I could be wrong. but don't get your hopes up. I am thinking that you should move on to another female.

• Well, the thing is that I know she has been on a lot since I sent it. But, I couldn't believe that a girl would just completely ignore you and not respond and at least say that she didn't want to go out. So, I thought that I maybe worded the message in such a way that she felt she didn't need to respond right away.

• I think either way she should have reponded with something .. like her saying "yeah maybe in (however many days) or just said something back and no ignore it. but I still think 3weeks is a long time. maybe you should send her another message with your number or something. and if she does not hit you up than you know for sure. it never hurts to try again.

What Girls Said 1

• she should have responded already. I would respond if I was interested in a guy, I would not respond at all if I was not interested. like you said, she should have said something like "I would like to in a few weeks. I'll let you know then." that's what I would say if I was interested and under those circumstances

What Guys Said 1

• If a girl likes you she would reply, if not then she is either busy or not interested...to even reply