What should I do to stop this?

My ex boyfriend broke up with me 3 months ago. Since the breakup he has pretended I don't exist when we bump into one another, but then will "rant" to friends about how I'm intentionally going places/hanging out with whoever to bother him (I'm not-I'm just trying to live my life). Now he is in a new relationship and he STILL does this! I don't want to get back together with him, I really just want to be able to move forward and not made to feel "less than" by him. I know my own self-esteem is taking a hit when he does this-I just don't know how to either get him to knock it off or stop caring because it hurts so much. He has a girlfriend now and says he doesn't care about me so why the attitude?!

11

What Guys Said 1

• tony time

What Girls Said 1

• Talk to him the first chance you get. If he tries to accuse you of doing things for the sake of bothering him, you just need to let him know straight up that your life doesn't revolve around him. After you do this, he's the one who is going to feel like a moron for having made such assumptions. Obviously, it's hard to know what exactly is going through his head, but my guess is that he isn't entirely over you. If he was over you, then he wouldn't make such a big deal out of things like being around you. He's probably angry at himself for it because he has a new girlfriend and he isn't "supposed" to have feelings for other girls. When guys are angry at themselves after break-ups with girls, their first instinct is typically to shut out the girl.