When people say they're not ready for a relationship right now?

Does it mean they're not ready for a relationship with you?

What I mean is that when I say it it's not a lie, I really don't want a relationship, but at the same time I think that if I met the right person I probably wouldn't feel that way, I think I'd feel I'm ready.

So what do you think? Is it different for other people?

02

What Guys Said 2

• A lot of people use this phrase to get out of sticky situations when people tell them that they like you. Girls and guys both use it equally and probably for the same reasons. To me, more often than not, it is used to get out of saying "im sorry I don't like you like that." But there are times when people actually do mean that they are not ready for a relationship at that time, like after a recent breakup...or being too busy with school/sports ect.

• I see what you mean about getting out of sticky situations. For me it's confusing in a way, because I am too busy with school so it's not just an excuse, but I wonder whether I could find the time if it was the right person. It's exactly what I meant. Thanks for you comment :).

• Yeah, I would say it's a "I don't like you but don't want to hurt your feelings" type of phrase.

• heh interestingly enough when I say I'm not ready, it means I've more or less given up for a while on dating... (had a lot of bad endings, or everyone just wants a fling... screw that) ironically, the last person I said that to agreed with me, explained why she gives up, and now we're going steady...

soo... guess when I say it its kinda a mix between "i give up" and "i need to find the right one"

What Girls Said 0