How much contact do people usually have with an ex?

How much contact should you have with an ex? Would you say that if you spoke online 3 or four times a week and maybe the odd telephone conversation over the weekend was normal. I like speaking to my ex because I'm not over him but I was just wondering whether there was any possibility he still liked me. He started contacted me more out of the blue. He rang me one lunch time and the next day twice in a day. It seemed like he was making excuses to speak to me.

54

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey cheekylittlemonkey,

How much you talk to your ex really depends on what you are trying to do.

1. If you are trying to get back together, and the other person may want to as well, then you probably will be talking with your ex.

2. If you are trying to move on, its best to not be in touch at all so that you can find closure, focus your energy on the other people and things going on in your life, etc. Then, down the road, you may reconnect (say over the phone every so often) because you once cared for the other person and you are interested in how they are doing.

In your situation, he is looking for excuses to talk to you. The only question is: do you want to get back together? Once you know that, then you'll know what to do.

- Evan

Dating Advice for the 21st Century: link

What Guys Said 3

• I think it all depends on you and how you are feeling. If it was a bad breakup, then putting some distance between you all should help with recovering from it. If it wasn't, then it's all up to you.

But I have noticed that most of my friends will keep in contact with an ex, drama and all. I constantly ask them why they do that when they complain about drama from the other person. DON'T TALK TO THEM THEN! I don't see why anybody keeps in constant contact with an ex. Maybe it's just me but I wouldn't really want to keep talking to an ex like nothing ever happened.

• I have none. Keeping an ex around usually has more consequences than benefits.

• iv kinda got the same thing going on, though I text and call my ex every day, and I'm still crazy about her,

so yeh its a possability, especially as he's making excuses to speak to you

What Girls Said 5

• how much contact? it varies. for me it's 0 contact and ranges to a few times a month if he's bored and wants to bug me about something. the latter case being a guy that I'm on good terms with and vice versa. if I had a bad relationship with the guy, there will be 0 contact with the ex because I probably don't want to see his face again lol.

• I think the amout of contact differs for each couple. I have a similar situation where my ex contacted me and continues to do so every week. It's 'normal" for me in this case since the feelings are mutual and the circumstances of the break up did not involce cheating, lying or anything bad. I think the amount of contact varies from none to some.

• i know maybe its hard but x means x none you will get over itquicker to go on to meet your next partner you will be inlove again

• that depend on you if you want to caome back together just keep on touch and if you won't you can stop and tell him stop talking to u

• No contact. I can't get over someone if I'm in constant contact with them