Is it strange to have an ex text you after so long?

Hi,

There is this guy I dated for less than I week earlier this year. We had been friends for like a year and I know he liked me a lot but once we started dating I knew I wouldn't be a good girlfriend to him (because of circumstances at the time) so I ended the relationship.

There was some drama afterward where we both did mean sh*t to each other and he cussed me out and threatened me and we never spoke again or saw each other again.

OK fast forward to yesterday, I got a text from him asking if I still hated him and I responded saying I never did and we talked for a bit. I told him it was strange that he would text me out of the blue to see how I am and he said he just wanted to say hey.

My question is isn't it weird to have an ex start talking to you again? I find it so weird considering I really hurt his feelings because I broke up with him and he liked me a lot. I feel sketched out.

31

Most Helpful Guy

• The only reason my ex ever called or texted me was to gloat. So it wasn't strange, just annoying.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 3

• They say time heals all wounds...I would be civil and don't question him about it. Keep the conversations short. He probably just thought of you and wanted to say hi. Don't read to much in to it.

However, if the conversations gets too deep and you are not feeling it. Nicely tell him that you think maybe more time needs to pass in order to be friends again.

• no doesn't sound weird to me. actually I think its nice it seems as tho he just wants to become friends with you again. he probably thought time would make things less awkward. what happened in the past is the past you can always save a good friendship though :D

• I wouldn't say it is strange, my ex contacted me out of the blue after we broke up to talk.