What do you think of cold/heartless people?

There are some people out there who just feel emotionless, dull, and cold. Do you think they were born like that or they just turned heartless after a very bad emotional trauma?
Personally after my last breakup which was devestating, i decieded to dump all my emotions and i did for a month but i couldn't get myself to continue, perhaps there are people who liked dumping their emotions and they succeeded?
Tell me what you think and your experiences with yourself or people you know if you have any :3What do you think of cold/heartless people??

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• If u r a nice person no matter wht happened to u in past u can't change ur basic nature and can't go emotionless. I think people who r heartless nd cold ve these characteristics since birth and experiences make them even more emotionless. You can't blame them bcoz they personally think tht they r gud people, its just a trait of narcissist personality. I ve been with such a boyfriend and I knw how it feels when something happens ur whole world crumbles down and they dnt even give a damn.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• Cold person here:
    It’s easier. There is no point in feeling pain from loneliness and all other things, which comes with being me. So…this is the solution. You might say “why don’t you find girlfriend or friends?”, and I’ll say only: I’ve tried. Nothing worked, it broth me only pain. “and have you tried…! Yes, I did and not inly it didn’t work, it was outside what I’m comfortable with and left me miserable “but you haven’t let me even finish…” There is no point. I know the general area, where you heading. I’m cold, remember? And impatient. I really don’t like to wait. Even seconds.

0|1
    0|0
    • How did you manage to do it? And did it really block out all sadness from emotions?

• I don't know, it has just happened. Same way, like no firends and relationships haven't happened naturally, like with others.
      So…sorry, cannot help.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 7

• They're indenial of the truth and choose to live a lie because they believe that's the way they'll stay safe, they believe if they don't they'll get hurt the second they allow the emotions to sink in their dark souls

0|0
    0|1
  • I think it's natural to feel this way by a heavy loss that you invested time into a relationship. We all cope differently. Sorry to hear.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think I'm alright.

0|0
    0|0
  • My niggas

0|0
    0|0
  • That they are broken deep inside.

0|0
    0|0
  • They are great

0|0
    0|0
  • You mean like a psychopath?

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 20

• People are born with only the emotions/feelings of greed, gluttony and the desire to possess. To care for others is something that comes as we grow up, and learn of the world we live in. People who appear cold are often those who've experienced things much too tough for their fragile minds to bear, and now hides away their hearts behind thick walls. They still care, but have found the ability to not get close to others, as a means of defending themselves from hurt.

0|0
    0|0
  • There are various people with issue with different underlying issues. Some have become like this from emotional trauma. Others who have general psychological issues. Those who have gone through emotional trauma, most of these people. aren't entirely heartless... cold perhaps. But not heartless. Give them time and dedication. They become the most emotionally available people. I was one of those people. Hope this helps 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • I feel like after a certain amount (sometimes 1 experience is enough) of traumatic experiences, people just become emotionally drained. You want to react accordingly to the given situation, but you just don't know how to.

0|1
    0|0
  • I think it could happen.

For me personally I was pretty naive and trusted people. And let's just say most of the time it didn't turn out good or I was tricked.

Now from that I've learned to not trust anyone and to be very cautious when people ask for help.

Cause it seems like where I live everyone cares about themselves more than others. And I hate the feeling of being used.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most people are cold due to their experiences and always see things going nowhere while others build walls to protect themselves afraid to fall or taken for granted. Personally I'm not sure if am cold but I do appreciate people, only once was I told I don't express my more, that came from someone who did not know me, she made that assumption of me. I'm silent but open to open minded people

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm stuck in a loop of heartless-ness you could say. I've found it so hard to fall for or like anyone since my last relationship a year ago. I could just be depressed, but it's probably lack of trust. Or a subconscious fear of being heartbroken again or something like that. Can too many heartbreaks cause the inability to love?

0|0
    0|0
    • That's what i'm afraid of as well... The more i get heartbroken the less emotions i have :/

• Nobody is born heartless. Some people are born cold and unfeeling, but people who are truly heartless become that way as life goes on.

0|0
    0|0
  • They were not born that way. It becomes part of your life. Can't say it's a permanent thing but like anything it has its ups and downs

0|0
    0|0
  • Hardly broken and they protect themselves under a shell which stop all emotions

0|0
    0|0
  • Nobody is born bad, it's just the way life moves and circumstances

0|0
    0|0
  • They are just another kind of person.

0|0
    0|0
  • They make for excellent politicians.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most people are cold and heartless, if you ask me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Usually because someones broken their trust

0|0
    0|0
  • Deep emotional trauma.

0|0
    0|0
  • I blame my loveless upbringing

0|0
    0|0
  • Repetitive bad emotional experiences.

0|0
    0|0
  • I’m one of those people and I can tell you life situations molded me into that type of individual I lost both my parents when I was in high school I have been homeless 5 times and lastly I have been rejected by every girl I have ever liked and have never dated

0|0
    0|0
  • If you dig deep enough you'll find that no one's heartless

0|0
    0|0
    • hmmm, Richard Ramirez said something similar, but did not stop there. I think we are both made and born cold and or heartless. we are made by having odd and awkward experiences and maybe we find ourselves and we don't need other people to be content and happy. by the way, cold/heartless people towards people, I hope. Because I consider myself one of those you mentioned, but I like and enjoy a lot of things. I am also happy often.

• sry, made no sense. Lemme take another shot.
      Because I consider myself a cold/heartless one, but I enjoy a lot of things like my flowers and plants. I wish to volunteer my free time at the botanical garden. so being cold/heartless does not equal to unhappy, if you ask me.

• Maybe that's his type or had experience some trauma

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes