I can't let this go - what should I do now?

my boyfriend who is also my best friend in the world ( we have been together for more then 5 years . I found out he cheated on me back in June with some girl he met over the internet that he didn't even know and they had sex 3 times and he and her went to the same mall he and I used to go to all the time and walked around together . he even had a naked pic on his phone of her that she sent him . he didn't even tell me all this I found out he was cheating from a text she sent him and I called her and she told me what happened. he said it was just sex and that he wasn't trying to be with her in a relationship and she told me the same thing. I know I was stupid for staying with him but we have been together so long and he is the only person in my life I can even talk to really so I forgave him but I just can't let this go I am so hurt and upset and its all I think about I'm trying to move on and I no he is not cheating now but I can't stand to even think about it I don't feel as close to him like I did . when I try to talk to him about it he tells me we already went over it and he is not talking about it no more so I am left feeling like sh*t . why won't he talk to me about it and what should I do am I posed to just hold my feelings in and act like everything is OK?

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• If he doesn't let you express your feelings too him, then he isn't right for you. He should have never had a sexual relationship with anyone except for you in the first place... I totally know how you feel when you say he is your best friend and you've been with him for so long because I've been with my boyfriend for awhile too and he is pretty much my everything but if he ever cheated on me, I don't think I would be able to handle it. I wouldn't be able to even look at him knowing that he did something so special and so intimate with another girl that wasn't me. Trust and communication is the NUMBER ONE thing in a relationship and if you don't have both you have nothing. Really think about what kind of person you want to be with and if he is the right person for you, because once trust is broken it is very very hard too earn back and especially if he is shutting you down every time you try and talk about it because he is the one who messed up and he should be allowing you to express your feelings about the situation... Like I said, trust is number one and really think about what YOU want. I hope this helps!

• The thing is we have always been able to talk about every thing no matter what it was . after I found out he did this I told him I wanted every detail and he told me a lot but I no he wasn't telling me everything I no there is more to it then what he said. he is and has always been so loveing with me and that's one reason I never thought he would do such a thing . he no I still hurt but when I bring it up he gets upset and is like ( I feel bad enough already and I told you everything )