How can I convince my dad to let me cut my hair?

It's down to the middle of my back right now and I want to cut it to my shoulders. When I asked my dad to take me he freaked out and said if I got it cut he'd ground me for the rest of the year. I think it's completely ridiculous. So how can I convince him to let me cut it?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't convince him, you just do it and tell him he's not the boss of you.

I always wanted to grow my hair long like an emo cut, but my dad wouldn't let me and would force me to get buzzcuts -- I personally thought they were ugly on me. I told my dad to stfu, grew out my hair and I'm much happier with it now because I feel it suits my genderqueerish personality.

If he grounds you, I'd be rebellious just to get the point across. Your dad might be the type who threatens you with severe punishment, however if you use persistence, he'll eventually give up.

What Guys Said 1

• Tell him to suck it up, you're 18+ and your hair is none of his damn business. At that age he can't actually ground you, it would be kidnapping or something.

What Girls Said 2

• tell him you'll give it to locks of love for a wig!

hope this helped

-justineb

• um what? You're either a little 10 year old or living in some kind of cult