What do you think about buying flowers for an ex on Valentine's Day?

Long story short, i Got in contact with a girl from Norway ( im from Denmark, 1H 15min flight away) we endes up clicking very Well and basically talked over the PC every Day for hours. After about 4 month, we agreed on meeting, so she came to Denmark. We Stayed at an apartment for 4 Days and every was basically like a Dream, when she left to go back home i was so empty and i felt like i wanted to be with her all the time, same did she. We end up talking about where this relationship were heading, and agreed on I started joking around with that i wanted to just Come to norway right away, but she had exams, so we endes up waiting 2.5 month before i came. Every Day we had the same contact, but this time telling eachother that we loved eachother. Fast forward to the time where i get to norway, first Day was a bit weird, i kinda expected more “happyness” but we still kissed and drive to the apartment, things kinda warmed up over Night and it felt like it was back to normal by bedtime. The Day after, we go to eat and by some liquor since we were going to a party with We went back to her parents to whom she introduced me and everything was great. We partied and had a great time. When it was bed time, she basically just turn her back to me without saying anything and goes to sleep. On the Way home the next Day she was comepletely silent, when we Got out of the car, she breaks it to me saying that she lost feelings for me 2 weeks before i came, and that she just isn't feeling it. Fast forward until now around 3 weeks after, we’ve spoken about a lot and she says a lot of it is commitment issues of hers, and that i was a bit clingy and pushing, and money / time was a Big factor. She says she still miss the time in Denmark and that she miss me and our long talks and such. I still want her... Is it a bad idea to send her flowers on valentines Day, trying to start over without commitments and pushyness? Im a bit lost tbh... Thanks in advance to anybody ready this!

1011

Most Helpful Girl

• Long distance relationships are super tricky to make work, as separate lives in separate places without physically growing together side by side can be a challenge. It seems as she was hit by reality in knowing this as you were about to leave and That's why she distanced herself from becoming deeply attached. It all really boils down to the both of you in where your feelings are with one another and if you're both able to work out the challenges of the distance between the two of you.

I'd face time everyday, constantly chat, see if things between the two of you spark up again or not. Hold up on the flowers until you're truly certain that you both want the same thing from each other.

• She has always said that commiting to something was very hard for her, due to some nasty relationships.
      In my head it sounds like it all got too serious too quickly, so she got scared and backed out.
      She’s still keeping a moderate contact, nothing personal.
      She calls now and then to check how I’m doing with my mental health and just to have a nice conversation for maybe an hour or two.
      She still cares about me a lot and that she still miss the times.
      Atm. Im giving her time from me so we don’t have contact all the time, so she can find herself and see if she miss having me like that in her life.

I’m still thinking about sending the flowers, just to get a reaction to maybe start from scratch without commitment or plane trips.
      Or at least just to say thanks for giving me the happiest time of my life.
      ( was depressed for 7-8 years before she came into my life, that has now returned though)
      That’s what she’s checking up on.

• That’s an attribute that I have to have.
      In this situation it’s not gonna work well for me pushing her.
      Then rather give space, I guess 2.5 month is a good amount of time, which is basically from the breakup in till VD.
      For her to think things through..
      I don’t know, just feel like I have to try or else it would kill me inside if I didnt🙂

• That's absolutely understandable. If she created such a meaningful impact that turned your life for the better, it's a nice thing for a girl to hear that and know how much you mean to her, especially if she's still reaching out to make contact with you.

Hope for the best, but don't go having such hard feelings if she doesn't wish to take things into a serious level.

Best of luck to you!

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think doing something nice is ever wrong. Girls love receiving flowers. Just don't be pushy about it. Send the flowers with a nice note (nothing too much, I wouldn't express your love or anything like that) and just leave it at that. At that point it will up to her what she wants.

• So i shouldn't hint at anything?
      If so, what would i be saying in that note for Example? Just to get an idea.

Thanks for the opinion btw!