I’m going through a break up, what are ways to quickly get over it?

I've been through breaks ups before, I’ve been through a divorce before, and even after all those time no matter what I become an emotional wreck who locks herself in her house until four or five months later finally doesn’t feel it anymore. I don’t want to keep it up, it’s unhealthy. I was single all last year and was happy and this guy pretty much came in so fast and we got into a relationship too fast Dec 1st, I get feelings too fast, and here we are broken up and I’m depressed. I don’t want to be this way for four or five months. What are some remedies that have helped you. I just won’t learn to deal with it. It’s not in my nature, I care too much, always imagine the future possibilities and feel depressed until I don’t which is usually five or 6 months later. Doesn’t matter if it was only 3 weeks, 3 Years, or 3 months I always feel the same after a break up

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all... Slap yourself!
    Lol, am kidding😅. Ok, so... Occupy your time with things you like, hobbies etc...
    You only feel the way you do, as when you're in a relationship you spend a lot of time with that person doing things. When you're suddenly alone it feels like you have nothing to do.

Go out, talk to lots of people, go out with friends and family. Take up (i don't know) a sport, or go for a bungee jump or something. It's just time you need to fill. Yes, when you get back home in your bed, you may think about it as you're left with your thoughts all alone. Put some music on, while you sleep. Distractions, plain and simple. If you want find someone to chat to. If you'd like me to expand on anything, just message me and I can give millions of suggestions or just read you vent. Venting is something you also need to do by the way, so if you have a close friend that you talk to about everything and anything... Now's the time to chew his/her ear off 😝.

Every relationship teaches us something, or makes us change a little. Once it's passed, you'll realise what it is👍.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Start working out, get out of your comfort zone and try new things, go out with friends, focus on yourself. But before all that, do all the crying you need to and then move on.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 18

• There's no secret or quick fix. You have to let out all the emotion and face it head on. Don't bottle anything up. The quicker you face all the emotion and pain the quicker you start the healing process. It's tough... I'm with you.

1|1
    0|0
  • I am so sorry. I would say take things slower next time and make sure the next time you give your heart to someone that they are worthy of it. Be kind to yourself. You only have one of you.

1|0
    0|0
  • I workout a lot and surround myself with friends, then I get back with my ex, because apparently my body is ok now, then it goes even more wrong than before and I'm twice as sad.. Yup this just happened, and I am not really helping am I

1|0
    0|0
  • Spend a lot of time with friends and family because you boyfriend left you so if are alone you will defo feel the effects so having someone there to talk to or cheer you will get you over it.. Hope this helps ☺

1|0
    0|0
  • Find something you love and focus on it. Painting, writing, playing an instrument, working, running, whatever it is. For me, it was lifting weights, mountain biking, and (not easily admitted) playing videogames.

0|0
    0|0
  • Throw yourself into an activity or buy a plant ( I have a plant I spend almost all of my free time with it)

1|0
    0|0
  • Getting over things takes time, it's good to keep oneself busy to a certain degree but things need to be processed and that does take time

1|0
    0|0
  • You could pick up a hobby. Or do something you usually wouldn't. Usually helps you get over stuff.

1|0
    0|0
  • The way i got over my ex was just thinking about other people and moving on sounds bad but worked for me

1|0
    0|0
  • For me, I try to surround myself with friends and go out and have fun.

1|0
    0|0
  • There is no quick way. It just takes time. And distance avoid talking to or seeing the person. It makes it a lot easier that way.

0|0
    0|0
  • There is always a better one. Learn from you mistakes and find one that is better than the one before.

0|0
    0|0
  • The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else.

1|0
    0|0
  • You shouldn't try to get over with it faster, because you might miss out on healing competely

0|0
    0|0
  • There really isn't a quick way to get over break ups ur ready when ur ready

0|0
    0|0
  • You've been through multiple breakup and a divorce and you're not even 25? lol

0|0
    0|0
    • I loved being married but my ex cheated with two 15 year olds and that was just gross and no going back from that. Next time I get married I’ll make sure it’s with the right person, but I loved being married and I was always raised to take married seriously and I did.

• Find a new guy or rebound relationship.

1|0
    0|0
  • Rum helps quite a bit

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Loads of ben & jerry's Ice cream and some spoons to spoon it.

1|0
    0|0
  • Keep busy.. date around. Block him/her on everything

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes