Do you believe breaking up over text is cowardly?

1615

Most Helpful Guy

• It's accepted as being so, but different people are different. I struggle to speak for example when nervous, I communicate through text as much as possible. The last two people I've broken up with has been over the internet because I hate phones and they lived too far away for in person.
    I think the main reason breaking up via SMS isn't ideal is the character limit. Online chat or email I consider less of a no-no because you have the space to express yourself better, explain where you're coming from if you want to. In text you're kinda limited to " things aren't working out, we should see other people" or something I guess.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes because they won't come and say it to your face. It's a way to avoid facing the emotions of the moment and confronting the current issue that is causing the break up. It's easier to let go of something when it's not in front of you. For example, if you are at a burger place with a friend and you are trying to stay away from fried foods like french fries, it's easy to just not order it. But say your friend orders some and you see them and smell them right in front of you. It's hard to resist.