Do you believe breaking up over text is cowardly?

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• It's accepted as being so, but different people are different. I struggle to speak for example when nervous, I communicate through text as much as possible. The last two people I've broken up with has been over the internet because I hate phones and they lived too far away for in person.
    I think the main reason breaking up via SMS isn't ideal is the character limit. Online chat or email I consider less of a no-no because you have the space to express yourself better, explain where you're coming from if you want to. In text you're kinda limited to " things aren't working out, we should see other people" or something I guess.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes because they won't come and say it to your face. It's a way to avoid facing the emotions of the moment and confronting the current issue that is causing the break up. It's easier to let go of something when it's not in front of you. For example, if you are at a burger place with a friend and you are trying to stay away from fried foods like french fries, it's easy to just not order it. But say your friend orders some and you see them and smell them right in front of you. It's hard to resist.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 14

• No, but it's immature. How would you feel if someone did that to you? Let me clarify that a bit; dating for a few days? Maybe ok. Dating for a month or more, kissed and/or held hands, hugged, etc. Not ok.

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course! It makes it clear that you don't respect the person enough to look them in the eyes while you break their heart.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, breaking up with a post-it note is much better and takes more effort.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes it's wrong to break up over text message. I want a girl to talk
    face to face with me if she's going to break up with me.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's ridiculous as a notion in any case. Personally I feel it is very cowardly unless it is a long distance relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Ofcourse it is, a relationship is abou a commitment, if the person can't even Say that in front of the other person then he/She is a coward

0|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely. Text is an insufficient means for closure.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes...

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd say yes

0|1
    0|0
  • No its convenient

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 15

• Yes, it's cowardly, immature, and extremely disrespectful. If you date someone they deserve to be broken up with in person or at least a phone call. Especially if you were in a relationship for an extended amount of time and claimed you were serious about them or loved them. If you're not mature enough to break up with someone face to face or at least through a phone call, you're not mature enough to date.

0|0
    0|0
  • I do not think it is cowardly, I think face to face is better but sometimes I can see why breaking up by text is done. However I have known people break up by text usually after a few drinks and then regret it in the morning, they then wish they had talked to their partner and many have said they probably would not have broken up or didn't want to. However it depends on the type of relationship.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depending on the cicumstances on what the issues are and if there's misunderstandings too. That's why always communicate by verbaly speaking to the other person by telephone or in person if you can, so then there's no Chris cross on each other's paths. Never sort issues through texts, as texts can be misunderstood and proceed differently as to what you might be thinking and trying to say to the other person. Cheers. ☺

0|0
    0|0
  • There is no good way to break someones heart but doing it over text is without a doubt very cowardly and disrespectful.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yep, yes and yeah. It's just insensitive also to have been in a relationship with someone and not even be able to end things face to face and truly convey your emotions, it's an easy way out and it's just blljzuexesejef

0|0
    0|0
  • Very. It difficult but breaking up should be done face to face.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes, some guys do it bcoz most men dnt like confrontations but still some wil do it personally if they value the person

0|0
    0|0
  • yeahhh it’s insulting. i’ve done it before tho cause they asked me out through text so i ended it that way 💀

0|0
    0|0
  • I think it's stupid

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes!!

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes