How come women recover from break-up quickly in comparison to men?

Me and my girlfriend recently broke. And when I met her recently it was obvious by the exchange of words that this break up was harsh on me but I have noticed it before as well that woman recover quickly from break up. This is beyond me

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• It may be because girls get it out of their system earlier in the breakup, while guys (from my understanding) keep it in and don't process it as quickly. In my last breakup, I had my mopey phase, and then I talked it out with people closest to me, got that whole support group base going, and then was able to move forward with more ease AND benefit to myself. I've seen male friends, however, try to cover up the initial shock (no matter who instigated the break up) by closing up, not talking about it with their friends to a *great* extent, and maybe "distracting" themselves with other relationships, partying, etc. I imagine that probably makes the lows that follow the highs so much heavier for dudes and thus harder to process in the long (er) run.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I think because guys tend to keep everything in while women will be more open, which will help with the healing process.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 12

• I don’t think that they recover as quickly I think it depends on what that relationship meant to that person because I know that when I ran into an ex I acted happy as hell I will not for one second let him ever seen me sad and think that it had to do with it

1|1
    0|0
  • Wow, really? You're making generalizations based upon the reaction of one woman. I don't recover quickly from a break-up. I get attached and feel everything too deeply.

1|0
    0|0
  • Girls often get over their partners within a month. Guys often take a month to realize what they lost.

2|0
    0|0
  • In what way do you mean move on?

To another relationship?
    To go out and sleep with other people?
    To recover from the pain of the break up?

Why are you generalizing?

0|0
    0|0
  • Most girls would never let their exes see how hurt they were because of a breakup , so probably it might never show because they hide it well , speaking from what lve done and seen friends do

1|0
    0|0
  • Guys takes longer to start missing someone. If girl ok after breakup tht means it was in her mind long before breakup happened.

0|0
    0|0
  • There was this comic about it.. i’ll just explain it.

First weeks after break up: men will go drinking, clubbing with their buddies, sleep with other women.. women will cry, stay at home, probably overeat and seek comfort with their girlfriends.
    Next weeks: men will start to feel down, realise what they “threw away” even though the relationship might’ve not been that great. They’ll break. Women, on the other hand, will be on the road ro recovery. They’ll gently get back to their life before the guy and accept what is no more.

3|0
    0|0
  • Because men try to hold back their emotions. I think.

0|1
    0|0
  • Men last the same time

0|0
    0|0
  • That's not a gender thing man.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think girls take longer that guys, girls just cover it better

3|0
    0|0
  • They straight away get all their emotions and feelings out crying and all that within whatever time frame which is probably why it’s quicker where as the men tend to ‘pretend’ and hold it in for longer until they can’t do it anymore and then have their emotions all come out, guys just do it later on which comes across as longer than women

1|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 2

• I think it's the other way around

1|0
    0|0
  • They have an easier time finding new guys.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes